For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Powder Room This is the SnoWest LADIES forum.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Currently: Not set.
WingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Avy packs, what do you ladies prefer?

Time to upgrade Mrs. Winger. What's the consensus on Avy packs and fitment for the ladies...

Thanks

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to WingNutRacing For This Useful Post:
Missy (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Currently: is doing her SNOWDANCE!
Missy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNutRacing View Post
Time to upgrade Mrs. Winger. What's the consensus on Avy packs and fitment for the ladies...

Thanks
I just bought this last season. It fits nicely, and I have liked it so far. I am 5'4.

BCA Float 22 Throttle Avalanche Airbag

The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:
mountainhorse (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,935 Times in 4,586 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

The bigger the pack the more you put in those things...remember that. LOL

Look at the one in my sig for reference.

Ambassador for:
FB & IG: Scott Stiegler

Honestly, Honey!!! The shop paid for these mods. They sponsor me now. Really!

Check out these cool products:

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Missy (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 01:51 PM
Missy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
The bigger the pack the more you put in those things...remember that. LOL

Look at the one in my sig for reference.
32 would be too big for me

Old 10-05-2015, 10:14 PM
WingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Haha, yep

Yeah, 32 is too big for ME, I wouldn't ask her to wear it...

I wear a vest, but I think she will prefer a pack.. I like the 22, that's about as big as I would want her to wear..

Old 10-06-2015, 08:38 AM
Currently: Pull my finger
WhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond reputeWhiskeyTee has a reputation beyond repute

Wife and I both wear the ABS Powder SB 15. Nice and compact, yet still has space for the essentials.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-06-2015, 05:19 PM
Currently: Revelstoke BABY!
Thanked 1,225 Times in 441 Posts
CoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I've worn the Float 22 that Missy shows there, the newer version coming out this year and the Float 25 this past winter. The most versatile of the group is the 25. External shovel pouch, pull cord on the right side (but can be moved) and an adjustable waist strap that allows you to move it up and down depending on the length of your torso.

With all this said, BCA is coming out with a Float 8 that is minimalistic, small for small frames. Just no storage.

The biggest hit that I've seen (working shows and allowing people to try these all on) is the http://backcountryaccess.com/product...t-mtnpro-vest/ People, from small tiny women to giant men, LOVE THIS THING!

The Following User Says Thank You to CoyoteGirl For This Useful Post:
Missy (10-08-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 08:44 AM
Cool yep

We'll hafta have her test fit the vest, I love my Wary vest, still can't believe they went out of business..

The Following User Says Thank You to WingNutRacing For This Useful Post:
Missy (10-08-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 08:30 AM
PowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond reputePowderGirl has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

I have a ABS SB 15 - it fits my small frame and allows me to move freely - riding trees requires lots of movement (especially for me as a small person) and so that was a big concern of mine before getting it.

What sold me on the ABS Avalanche bag was witnessing one of our riding buddies getting caught in an avalanche and burried - the ABS has two bags that inflate and one of them did not inflate while the other one was enough to keep him afloat or close enough to the surface that his hand was sticking out so it was a very quick and easy recovery!

If he had a pack with a single air bag and it did not inflate for some reason, he'd very likely be dead as it was a deep avy and could have easily taken us longer than 10 minutes to get to him if we had to dig through all that debris to it's lower depth.

I actually wrote and article on this occurrence and have many photos on it as well as a diagram - check it out here:

http://ridemccall.com/mccall-idaho-i...rch-29th-2014/

No matter the brand - get one! They really do save lives!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PowderGirl For This Useful Post:
kchester (01-06-2016), Missy (10-16-2015), Scott (10-17-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Old 12-14-2015, 06:37 AM
Basic Member
jayku is an unknown quantity at this point
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register