For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015, 01:02 AM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 14,867 Times in 7,055 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Sled Communications systems

I am once again in the hunt for a Helmet mounted rider to rider intercom system.

Anyone know anything about this..
http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.ph...n6v428h9sedlr6

Snowmobile 2-Way VHF Radio Kit

$475.00

As a snowmobile rider, this kit allows you to communicate with other friends on snowmobiles with the same kit. Easy installation and top components provide the best in communication. Don't get left stranded out in the cold without properly working radios. The HX400 handheld radio is a marine grade radio and perfect for wet environments.

Kit includes:
  • (1) Vertex HX400 VHF radio
  • (1) Dock charging station
  • (1) MH-O Harness
  • (1) Velcro Mount PTT
  • (1) Radio Jumpers
  • (1) Helmet Speaker Kit
  • (1) CS-Music cable
Easy connectivity combined with a PTT of your choice makes

communciation clear and easy. This snowmobile communciation kit merges the best in audio with powerful and clear performance radios for the best in communications.

With Rugged's Clear Hear Speakers and full flex mic boom, the quality and clarity suprasses other brands.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-03-2015, 01:02 AM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

http://www.ruggedradios.com/index.ph...roducts_id=587Snowmobile Helmet Basic Kit - Choose Your PTT

$221.40

The best in sound, performance, and features for snowmobilers who are serious about the best in audio. Whether it's for fun or racing, make your winter sports safer with 2-way helmet communications.
Thin, yet powerful Clear Hear Speakers combined with with a full-flex mic boom allow perfect positioning to hear and deliver clear audio.
Simple cabling makes connecting to your 2-way radio or iPod a snap and now you have more choices to choose from for your PTT options making transmissions simple and conveniently positioned for your needs.

Now features Dura-Link Sealed Helmet Kit. The Dura-Link Seal is a new molded design now featured on all Rugged helmet kits to seal the connection between the intercom cable and helmet kit plug. The Dura-Link Seal protects the connection contacts from water, mud, and dirt which can affect audio performance.
NOTE: To complete your setup, you will also need to order a Jumper from this link to provide connectivity top your 2-way radio.
This Kit Includes:
  • MH-O Harness
  • Dura-Link HK-OFSP-3.5-S9
  • PTT (must make choice below)
  • CS-Music
These snowmobile kits are intended to use a PTT. Be sure to order your PTT below to complete this kit. Without a PTT, you have no safe or convenient means to transmit. The PTT options and pricing below are for (1) PTT.

Old 01-03-2015, 01:06 AM
Garage

http://www.chatterboxusa.com/x1-slim

Extended range products are the most powerful communicators with their maximum range of 5 miles. Combined with sophisticated features, we offer the most versatile and advanced products on the market. The X1slim is equipped with Bluetooth features for mobile phones and audio source connection. It comes with a wired Push-to-talk button for easy transmission and It has full duplex wired intercom capability for rider to passenger communication (headset and extension cable for the passenger sold separately). The X1slim also comes with Hi-Fidelity speakers and noise-suppression microphones. It is powered by high capacity, built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery that lasts for up to more than 8-10 hours of use and 20 hours of standby.

BIKE TO BIKE COMMUNICATION

• Intended Users: Single users or Large Group
  • Maximum range of communication: 5 Miles
  • Maximum number of users in communication: Unlimited
  • Communication method: Two Way
  • Compatible devices: X1slim, X1BT, X1, X2

RIDER TO PASSENGER COMMUNICATION

• Share bike to bike communication with rider
  • Share music with rider (wired)

BLUETOOTH FEATURES WITH REMOTE CONTROL (AVRCP)

• Wirelessly answer phone calls
  • Wirelessly listen to your music
  • Wirelessly listen to navigation voice direction
  • Remote control (AVRCP)
FM Radio feature: YES

GENERAL FEATURES

• Battery: Rechargable Li-Ion
  • Water resistance casing

Old 02-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Currently: Not set.
tmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond reputetmk50 has a reputation beyond repute

Chatterbox works well for our group. We do not use the VOX, we just hit the PTT button on the unit to talk to each other. There is a bluetooth PTT button that you can get to mount on handlebars.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to tmk50 For This Useful Post:
christopher (02-08-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 PM
Currently: Work schedule not compatible with sledding
Drewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond reputeDrewd has a reputation beyond repute

Baofeng Radio UV82 --> $39.00 mounted in avi bag side pocket or attached to your avi bag with a radio case holder. Up to 5 watts of power and great range good enough for snowmobile and ATV riding with factory whip antena Incredible range with aftermarket longer whip antenna. Can program for many frequencies to include Ham radio if you are licensed. Has VOX feature but I haven't wanted to mess with setting it up yet so engine noise doesn't activate it.

You can get a cheap speaker mic that is weatherproof for it if you don't want a helmet speaker and mic and use it like the BCA radio.

Snowcom snowmobile headset with PTT switch, helmet speaker and helmet mic $69 https://www.planetheadset.com/Snowcom.php I mount the PTT switch to my front left strap of my avi bag and it works great. Trail riders can mount it onto handlebar.

This setup is cheap, fairly durable, and very reliable. You can get cheaper headsets that fit the Baofeng radio (Kenwood 2 prong plugs) but I've read that the plugs are a little flimsy but no problem if you can solder new ones in.

Pros: Affordability, can program FRS, GMRS, Ham Radio, local SAR freq's, flight for life freq's, and even FM radio stations to listen to when you ride! 1 watt (twice power of legal FRS radios) or 5 watt option. Battery life is great and plenty for an entire days worth riding.

Cons: Not "waterproof" but I keep it in a side pocket of my avi bag with whip antenna sticking up. I have the cords all ziptied so they don't get in the way and there is only one easy to reach cord that connects to my helmet. Another con is that this thing is a bitch to program but I have a file I can email you that can be used with a Chirp file http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home that will set it up for use without much headache.
It's a HAM radio that just happens to give you frequency choices (FRS/GMRS etc..) that you might not legally be able to broadcast on…it is technically illegal for FRS use due to removable antenna and >0.5 watt output. A GMRS license is not that expensive and Ham Radio licenses are fairly easy to get since the damn FCC dumbed things down and got rid of the morse code requirement a while ago :-(

I have an older Collett Communicator 900mz system and it is a good second choice. My older Communicator isn't as crystal clear as my Baofeng setup but that may be because I'm hard of hearing and have a touch of a problem with speech comprehension that worsens with background noise.
Attached Images

Last edited by Drewd; 02-10-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Old 02-20-2015, 04:15 PM
Basic Member
ProGhostRider is an unknown quantity at this point

Quite a price jump between those two from ruggedgear. Anyone have any input as to whether it's worth the extra dough?

Old 02-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Currently: never enough
snoseeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default communications systems

look into the uclear it is really good small and bridgeable

Old 10-01-2015, 05:40 AM
Currently: Flatlanderextraordinaire
SnoWest Badge Maker
Cerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond reputeCerialsledder has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

These work great and nice and cheap. Only thing is you might want to think of a way to clip is somewhere else other than your helmet. The helmet clip is sort of cheesy and doesn't hold it to your helmet very tight. The buttons on the handle bar make it nice and I can talk on my phone while I'm out playing, as long as I have service LOL.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-SHK...ews/B0063IZ5VW

Old 10-26-2015, 11:30 PM
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute

From what little ive looked at ruggedgear's site, they charge stupid high prices for stuff that can be had for much less on amazon or ebay.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Basic Member
sledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond reputesledsuperman has a reputation beyond repute
Default BC Interphone

Has anyone tried the BT Interphone? They look like an inexpensive option (for $90 you get 2 headsets).

I have tried using 2 way radios with a special order headset for helmets and it worked ok but I couldn't stand all the wires. Just search for BT interphone on the web and you will find what I'm talking about.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:02 PM
blastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond reputeblastco2 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 11-04-2015, 02:53 AM
Currently: Ready to ride
blown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond reputeblown addiction has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-04-2015, 05:20 AM
Currently: Disappointed in the FLICKABILITY of my lawnmower.
Dirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Steve For This Useful Post:
outsidesince83 (01-08-2018)