For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Powder Room This is the SnoWest LADIES forum.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2015, 11:00 AM
Currently: Not set.
97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute97exc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Upgrading wife's sled, what do you ladies like?

Wife is currently on an 2005 M6 141". She is an intermediate rider, still not very aggressive but slowly increasing the difficulty of terrain she can ride. We ride mostly in Colorado and Wyoming, typical rides consist of some trail on the way to deeper snow, also jumping off trail into meadows and sometimes trees. Snow is typically light and deep, high probability of getting stuck. That is one of the reasons she is hesitant to go far off trail.

So for a newer sled, her only preference is to try to get reverse. She likes the M6 so I could try to just find a newer one, maybe with a 153 track. Or I could give her my M7 153 (but no reverse) which she has ridden, but she likes the M6 better.

Any suggestions on sleds that you ladies have ridden and liked? Price range is probably about $3k-5k so we are looking at 2006-2008 or so for year. We won't have much opportunity to ride and test since we will probably be getting one before the snow flies.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Currently: is doing her SNOWDANCE!
Missy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97exc View Post
Wife is currently on an 2005 M6 141". She is an intermediate rider, still not very aggressive but slowly increasing the difficulty of terrain she can ride. We ride mostly in Colorado and Wyoming, typical rides consist of some trail on the way to deeper snow, also jumping off trail into meadows and sometimes trees. Snow is typically light and deep, high probability of getting stuck. That is one of the reasons she is hesitant to go far off trail.

So for a newer sled, her only preference is to try to get reverse. She likes the M6 so I could try to just find a newer one, maybe with a 153 track. Or I could give her my M7 153 (but no reverse) which she has ridden, but she likes the M6 better.

Any suggestions on sleds that you ladies have ridden and liked? Price range is probably about $3k-5k so we are looking at 2006-2008 or so for year. We won't have much opportunity to ride and test since we will probably be getting one before the snow flies.
Something like this would be perfect! They are much lighter and easier for the ladies to handle. I really like my 800 though!

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...20600&ad_cid=6

Old 09-24-2015, 11:57 AM
Currently: Back in the mountains
Thanked 1,142 Times in 428 Posts
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Val (5'2" 115 pounds) rides a Pro 800 163.

We also have a 155 for her but she prefers the 163. She can slow down more in the trees and stay on top of the snow. We ride trails as little as possible and break trail from our place n a normal snow year.

She has ridden the 600 and likes it but prefers the 800.

I picked up a Pro with a blown motor for $2500 and another Pro with a slightly kinked tunnel for $1500.

Speedcell Technologies-- Founding Member

Tahoe Nordic Search and Rescue-snowmobile team

The Following User Says Thank You to Murph For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-24-2015)
Old 09-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Missy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
Val (5'2" 115 pounds) rides a Pro 800 163.

We also have a 155 for her but she prefers the 163. She can slow down more in the trees and stay on top of the snow. We ride trails as little as possible and break trail from our place n a normal snow year.

She has ridden the 600 and likes it but prefers the 800.

I picked up a Pro with a blown motor for $2500 and another Pro with a slightly kinked tunnel for $1500.
There were a TON of the ladies at the Ladies Ride in Halfway, OR that ride 163 track! I was sincerely surprised by this. I have tried a couple times and I must just be too used to the shorter track, but I know many like it!

Old 09-24-2015, 02:27 PM
Murph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond reputeMurph has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
There were a TON of the ladies at the Ladies Ride in Halfway, OR that ride 163 track! I was sincerely surprised by this. I have tried a couple times and I must just be too used to the shorter track, but I know many like it!
The other advantage for Val with the 163 is the sled is more "stable" on a steep sidehill-- less likely to wash the track downhill and be kicked straight up. The 155 definitely spins the track up faster, turns slightly tighter when ripping a u turn, people say they are better in the air-- but we aren't much for jumping.

Just banging through (into!) trees and riding the stupid little holes I seem to always look for...

Speedcell Technologies-- Founding Member

Tahoe Nordic Search and Rescue-snowmobile team

Last edited by Murph; 09-24-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph View Post
The other advantage for Val with the 163 is the sled is more "stable" on a steep sidehill-- less likely to wash the track downhill and be kicked straight up. The 155 definitely spins the track up faster, turns slightly tighter when ripping a u turn, people say they are better in the air-- but we aren't much for jumping.

Just banging through (into!) trees and riding the stupid little holes I seem to always look for...
I love tree riding as well, for me personally though it was easier for me to control the shorter track. The longer track felt bulkier. I know many ladies who agree with yours though!

PS I don't jump my sled so I don't care about that.

Old 09-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Currently: Waiting on Winter
sledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond repute

Not to hijack but maybe spur some more discussion. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a sled for my girlfriend. I've pretty well decided on a leftover pro RMK 600 with a 155. She is about 5'10" and fairly new to snowmobiling (Last year was her first full season on one). I'm wanting something that is light for her to toss around and also a long enough track to add some forgiveness to slowing down in the trees. Plus I'm thinking the 600 will be a cheaper initial investment, use less gas and oil, and provide better long term reliability. Am I thinking correct?

Are there any differences between a 2014 and a 2015 besides graphics? I have the option to buy a 2014 from the local dealer or a 2015 from carls for about the same money

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to sledheader For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-29-2015)
Old 09-29-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledheader View Post
Not to hijack but maybe spur some more discussion. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a sled for my girlfriend. I've pretty well decided on a leftover pro RMK 600 with a 155. She is about 5'10" and fairly new to snowmobiling (Last year was her first full season on one). I'm wanting something that is light for her to toss around and also a long enough track to add some forgiveness to slowing down in the trees. Plus I'm thinking the 600 will be a cheaper initial investment, use less gas and oil, and provide better long term reliability. Am I thinking correct?

Are there any differences between a 2014 and a 2015 besides graphics? I have the option to buy a 2014 from the local dealer or a 2015 from carls for about the same money
I myself prefer the 800, however I never owned a 600 and know ladies that are fine with a 600. I don't believe there are many differences between the 2014 and 2015 but you could call another Polaris dealer and ask them to be sure.

I think anything you get her to ride would be fabulous! When I was a newbie, I don't think I would have noticed those differences right away. It took some experience before I started forming my own opinion on what I prefer.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Currently: Revelstoke BABY!
Thanked 1,225 Times in 441 Posts
CoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledheader View Post

I am 5'10" and started on an 01 600 136. One year later went to a 700 144. Since then I've ridden all sorts of options, however with her height she has some advantage, leverage. A 600 155 would probably be quite easy and fun for her, she might get quite bored with it with in a year (I did) depending on her mentality/ personality, where you ride and WHO you are expecting her to "keep up with".

I don't believe a 600 will use that much less gas and oil. She will need to be more aggressive in the throttle on a 600 than on an 800. (in my experience) 800s and longer tracks give forgiveness in tough situations.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CoyoteGirl For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-29-2015), sledheader (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 08:44 AM
sledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond repute
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sledheader For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-30-2015), Ryan-41 (10-04-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 10:44 AM
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Murph For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-30-2015), sledheader (09-30-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 10:52 AM

Click Here to Register

Ryan-41 (10-04-2015)
Old 09-30-2015, 11:06 AM
Currently: 2683 miles - 15-16
Devilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond reputeDevilmanak has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-30-2015, 11:20 AM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Currently: Pow Hunting
GreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 10-01-2015, 01:43 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-01-2015, 01:58 PM

Click Here to Register

Old 10-05-2015, 10:31 AM

Click Here to Register

Missy (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 11:08 AM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:
sledheader (10-05-2015)