For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Powder Room This is the SnoWest LADIES forum.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2015, 03:13 AM
Currently: Not set.
yosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best way to introduce the girlfriend to snowmoniling??

So my girlfriend and I are moving to montana for the winter. We'll be staying in bozeman and are really excited about the whole move. Ive been traveling to cooke for yea3rd and know my way around pretty well and even more so I am aware of the dangers.

My question is what is the best way to introduce her to snowmobiling. She has never rode one, is there any specific tips from the girls on here that will make it a little less stressful on her

Elliot

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to yosh30 For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 07:29 AM
Currently: Working on the new/Old School Tow Rig.
Thanked 1,709 Times in 958 Posts
turbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I'm not one of the girls but here is my $1.380

Don't try to hit the steep and deep on her first time out. It won't be any fun if she is stuck and worn out all day long. or gets hurt.

Don't plan on an all day ride. Make it a shorter one or at least have some rest stops to let her recharge and talk to her about how she is doing with the whole thing.

LISTEN TO HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If she is having fun go for it but keep her wanting more. Don't ride til she is worn completely out and can't turn the thing.
Go where she wants to go and be there to get her unstuck, turned around, sled started, etc, etc, etc.
Do it with a smile and encouraging words for her each time, EVERYTIME!
Do it like you actually enjoy it and it is a pleasure being there with her.
Don't get frustrated and yell at her for getting stuck/rolled over or whatever for the 3rd, 13th or 30th time.

If you spend the time to make sure she has a good time then you can bet she will want to go with you again.

When I take my daughter for a ride I spend a lot of time keeping an eye on her so that I can be there to help her and make it enjoyable for her.
She is only 15 but told me that she likes sledding and it was more fun than our trip to Disneyland. I also made her make the choice between ski school and sledding. It took her all of about 2 seconds to say sledding.

Good luck and have fun.

14 800 Pro RMK 163
09 600 RMK 156

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbolover For This Useful Post:
MountainJunkie (10-11-2016), Nooby (09-20-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 08:11 AM
Currently: Disappointed in the FLICKABILITY of my lawnmower.
Dirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond reputeDirty Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Send her to Backcountry Basics and let Amber teach her the basics. She does classes just for the ladies.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Old 09-16-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanked 2,145 Times in 1,281 Posts
snowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond reputesnowmobiler has a reputation beyond repute

you do the cooking and house cleaning for a year.LOL

Old 09-16-2015, 09:06 AM
Currently: Waiting on Winter
sledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolover View Post
I'm not one of the girls but here is my $1.380

Don't try to hit the steep and deep on her first time out. It won't be any fun if she is stuck and worn out all day long. or gets hurt.

Don't plan on an all day ride. Make it a shorter one or at least have some rest stops to let her recharge and talk to her about how she is doing with the whole thing.

LISTEN TO HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If she is having fun go for it but keep her wanting more. Don't ride til she is worn completely out and can't turn the thing.
Go where she wants to go and be there to get her unstuck, turned around, sled started, etc, etc, etc.
Do it with a smile and encouraging words for her each time, EVERYTIME!
Do it like you actually enjoy it and it is a pleasure being there with her.
Don't get frustrated and yell at her for getting stuck/rolled over or whatever for the 3rd, 13th or 30th time.

If you spend the time to make sure she has a good time then you can bet she will want to go with you again.

When I take my daughter for a ride I spend a lot of time keeping an eye on her so that I can be there to help her and make it enjoyable for her.
She is only 15 but told me that she likes sledding and it was more fun than our trip to Disneyland. I also made her make the choice between ski school and sledding. It took her all of about 2 seconds to say sledding.

Good luck and have fun.
This guy hit the nail on the head. Don't get frustrated with her and just plan on spending time getting her unstuck. I introduced mine last year and there was a lot of digging, but I just ordered her her very own helmet as a christmas gift this year...on her request

The Following User Says Thank You to sledheader For This Useful Post:
turbolover (09-16-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 01:30 PM
Currently: is doing her SNOWDANCE!
Missy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond reputeMissy has a reputation beyond repute

Coming from one of the girls...

On my first time out, my friends made sure I was completely geared up properly. This is KEY! If she gets cold she will HATE it.

Go through the basics with her about throttle, brakes, sitting, standing etc before you get there to ride. Turbolover is right on everything he stated as well.

Keep her in your site. Nothing worse than feeling left behind on your very first ride. There are plenty of other things to worry about. Go somewhere where you can stop for a good lunch, a warm up spot. Trails are your friend on the first ride. She will venture off and learn when she is comfortable. No need to push anything on the first time.

Good luck! Have her get on here so we can get her excited!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missy For This Useful Post:
Nooby (09-20-2015), turbolover (09-17-2015)
Old 09-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Currently: resident jackass #2
kanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Take her on a warm, blue sky sunny day.
If u take her on a low vis, snowy blowy day she gonna wonder why anyone would go snowmobiling.

Old 09-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Currently: Waiting on Winter
sledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond reputesledheader has a reputation beyond repute

I also recommend finding a large flat open place for her to get the feel of the sled. Nobody wants to wrap a sled around a tree on the first ride. She would feel bad and I would venture to guess that you would struggle keeping your cool on that one

Old 09-16-2015, 07:19 PM
TJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond reputeTJ427 has a reputation beyond repute

Brett Rasmussen does a great job teaching also. He has helped both myself and my wife. My wife talks about riding with him every year. Whether it's Brett, Amber, or another instructor it's great to hear it from an expert.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:38 PM
yosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond reputeyosh30 has a reputation beyond repute
The Following User Says Thank You to yosh30 For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-17-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 05:57 AM
Currently: Rye whisky Rye whisky Rye whisky I cry
Bocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond reputeBocephus has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Bocephus For This Useful Post:
turbolover (09-17-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 07:25 AM
Currently: Dodging mud puddles
SASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond reputeSASKTOOLMAN has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SASKTOOLMAN For This Useful Post:
Ryan-41 (09-21-2015), turbolover (09-17-2015)
Old 09-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Currently: Need Snow!!!!!!
rocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond reputerocks rev has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to rocks rev For This Useful Post:
turbolover (09-21-2015)
Old 09-19-2015, 05:46 PM
WingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WingNutRacing For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-22-2015), Nooby (09-20-2015)
Old 09-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Currently: working for the man
boondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Currently: Pow Hunting
GreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond reputeGreenState has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-25-2015, 10:40 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,943 Times in 4,593 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 09-28-2015, 02:19 PM
WingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond reputeWingNutRacing has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Currently: Revelstoke BABY!
Thanked 1,225 Times in 441 Posts
CoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond reputeCoyoteGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 09-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Currently: ACTIVELY defend your right to ride.
Polaris & Montana Moderator
Thanked 7,943 Times in 4,593 Posts
Scott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond reputeScott has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:
Missy (09-29-2015)