For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Land Use Issues that affect riding areas.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Currently: Not set.
line8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nature conservancy

I was watching the Outdoor channel last night. I saw the Nature Conservancy put up a pretty lengthy commercial on there. They are coming out of the woodwork lately. I have to wonder what the current push is for the obvious presence.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-04-2014, 08:54 AM
line8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond reputeline8 has a reputation beyond repute

If it's unpopular and probably not going to pass in congress. If the overly funded branches of gov are taking heat. Why not fund an "ORG" just out the side door to buy property that butts up to existing wilderness in large chunks? Seems like another way to get the claws and over reaching tentacles to add more control. Maybe they will just want money for accessing their property at first.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Currently: working... So I can pay for sled gas and diesel!
mrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by line8 View Post
If it's unpopular and probably not going to pass in congress. If the overly funded branches of gov are taking heat. Why not fund an "ORG" just out the side door to buy property that butts up to existing wilderness in large chunks? Seems like another way to get the claws and over reaching tentacles to add more control. Maybe they will just want money for accessing their property at first.
Exactly. This is another Agenda Land Grab. This administration is out of control. The American people have spoken with their vote and yet these dictators and Czars have said they don't care what the American people want, they will do whatever "they" think is right.

WTF!? I thought these a$$holes were supposed to represent the will of the PEOPLE.

They should be thrown in prison as they are criminals in my book.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrquick68 For This Useful Post:
line8 (11-18-2014), MT Backcountry (11-19-2014), snomoride (11-19-2014)
Old 11-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Currently: working for the man
boondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond repute

The Nature Conservancy can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. They are currently buying up ranches south of my hometown of Malta, MT, (for far above what anyone in that area can afford to pay for them) that border the Missouri River Breaks National Monument. Their goal is to have free ranging buffalo in the whole northeastern corner of the state. None of the locals want them there, but because they are technically a private group nothing can be done about it.

There was such a local uprising about it and concern that the BLM was going to go in with them and let the buffalo roam on the public land that Obama's dog, Interior Secretary Ken Salizar, paid a personal visit to Malta for a public meeting that packed the high school gymnasium with everyone in the county. He tried to tell everyone that there are no "current" plans for the government to re-release free-roaming buffalo and smooth talk the situation. Well in short, the people in attendance were not having it and I'm amazed he got out of there without being lynched. Now 2 years later, the state is putting together its bison management plan for free-roaming bison.

Dan Rather did a special on the Nature Conservancy and their plans up there, and "all we want is to have free roaming animals as far as the eye can see" as they are on top of a knoll where you can see for 150 miles each direction. They claim they are paying fair market price for land. It may be fair market back east, but it sure as hell isn't out here.

They may be private neighbors, but they are the kind of neighbors you don't want around.
2009 M1300, 2001 Mountain Cat 800 LE, 1972 Kitty Cat
Gone but not Forgotten:
1999 Powder Special 600 LE, 1998 Powder Special 600, 1993 EXT 550, 1980 JAG 340

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-23-2014, 12:45 AM
Currently: Another sledder in debt
Thanked 4,642 Times in 3,688 Posts
shelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond reputeshelbwyo has a reputation beyond repute

I havent heard of this ^. Just had dinner the other night with a guy that works for the TNC and he didnt have much to say as far as them buying up large tracts of land across the west. As far as most nature conservancy operations that I know about, they are trying to run cattle.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-24-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbwyo View Post
I havent heard of this ^. Just had dinner the other night with a guy that works for the TNC and he didnt have much to say as far as them buying up large tracts of land across the west. As far as most nature conservancy operations that I know about, they are trying to run cattle.
Have a look at the list of donors/members/ect. they have.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 12-04-2014, 09:15 PM
Basic Member
hilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond reputehilinerider has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocker97 View Post
The Nature Conservancy can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. They are currently buying up ranches south of my hometown of Malta, MT, (for far above what anyone in that area can afford to pay for them) that border the Missouri River Breaks National Monument. Their goal is to have free ranging buffalo in the whole northeastern corner of the state. None of the locals want them there, but because they are technically a private group nothing can be done about it.

There was such a local uprising about it and concern that the BLM was going to go in with them and let the buffalo roam on the public land that Obama's dog, Interior Secretary Ken Salizar, paid a personal visit to Malta for a public meeting that packed the high school gymnasium with everyone in the county. He tried to tell everyone that there are no "current" plans for the government to re-release free-roaming buffalo and smooth talk the situation. Well in short, the people in attendance were not having it and I'm amazed he got out of there without being lynched. Now 2 years later, the state is putting together its bison management plan for free-roaming bison.

Dan Rather did a special on the Nature Conservancy and their plans up there, and "all we want is to have free roaming animals as far as the eye can see" as they are on top of a knoll where you can see for 150 miles each direction. They claim they are paying fair market price for land. It may be fair market back east, but it sure as hell isn't out here.

They may be private neighbors, but they are the kind of neighbors you don't want around.
you are talking of the APF american prairie foundation, they take lobbyist money and big corp donations to buy up land to make the "american serengty" bullchit land grab exactly
the nature conservancy only has the matador next to my home place

Old 01-13-2015, 07:01 PM
mrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond reputemrquick68 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

This group apprears to be building private wilderness areas. It should be illegal as far as I'm concerned. One of their biggest donors is the F'ing GOVERNMENT. Folks, this is wrong and about as shady as you can get. They must be stopped.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Basic Member
Cascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond reputeCascades34 has a reputation beyond repute

All we can do at this point is stay involved and let our voices be heard at the local level. If they do in fact close all "their" land to motorized recreation, then I say f'em and ride anyway. There are not enough cops and rangers who can ride to catch us all. Perhaps some form of organized civil disobedience. It worked for Gandhi and MLK Jr.

As a tax payer and resident of Kittitas county, I would prefer the sheriff focus on thieves and drug addicts. Not families spending time together and enjoying the outdoors.

Old 01-20-2015, 11:52 AM
Currently: working for the man
boondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilinerider View Post
you are talking of the APF american prairie foundation, they take lobbyist money and big corp donations to buy up land to make the "american serengty" bullchit land grab exactly
the nature conservancy only has the matador next to my home place
You are right. First there was only the Nature Conservancy out south there. The APF came latter. I got excited too quick with that first post.
2009 M1300, 2001 Mountain Cat 800 LE, 1972 Kitty Cat
Gone but not Forgotten:
1999 Powder Special 600 LE, 1998 Powder Special 600, 1993 EXT 550, 1980 JAG 340

Old 02-17-2015, 03:41 PM
Garage
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 02-18-2015, 11:52 PM
Basic Member
ProGhostRider is an unknown quantity at this point

Click Here to Register

Old 03-23-2015, 05:05 PM
Currently: Broke
Sledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond reputeSledsniper has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register