For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Cyclops Adventure Sports Welcome to the Cyclops Adventure Sports Forum

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2013, 08:30 AM
Currently: gone riding
KAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mounting Options

Could we see a comprehensive mounting Option page? pics would be good< lights are cool but we need to see different ways of mounting? for example ,I would like the long range LED but where and how do I mount them to the front of My ski Doo with a tall windshield?? we cant all mount them on the Bars, and what about different options for My solstice? I change helmets frequently and the solstice doesn't fit one of my helmets as there is not a spot on the top that is Flat? HELP??????I would love to see all your different brackets and mounts!

Last edited by KAWGRN; 10-03-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to KAWGRN For This Useful Post:
off road rider (10-03-2013)
Old 10-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Currently: Not set.
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
off road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond repute

I see what I can do to get some different photos of lights mounted on sleds , some really don't lend themselves that well to a sled application. I think a light bar from the risers is a great setup, but even that wont work on all sleds. The riser needs to be above the windscreen.

The Solstice is a helmet mount specific light. Designed for hard core racers. With little to worry about in a crash or beating from overhead branches.
A mount that would work well on the fancy helmets would be a compromise in durability and not where we want to go with this product.
It fits great on helmets that are relatively normal shaped, a helmet such as the Klim F4 or a few others that have a lot of edges etc it may not fit. Usually we can get around most ridges by mounting off to the side or building up a mount with the Dual lock.

The LED Adventure light will fit in these applications, but also does not pack near the same punch.

www.cyclopsadventuresports.com

Get more fun out of riding, ride at night with Cyclops Race Inspired lighting!
(800)624-0278

Old 10-03-2013, 09:48 AM
Currently: gone riding
KAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond reputeKAWGRN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by off road rider View Post
I see what I can do to get some different photos of lights mounted on sleds , some really don't lend themselves that well to a sled application. I think a light bar from the risers is a great setup, but even that wont work on all sleds. The riser needs to be above the windscreen.

The Solstice is a helmet mount specific light. Designed for hard core racers. With little to worry about in a crash or beating from overhead branches.
A mount that would work well on the fancy helmets would be a compromise in durability and not where we want to go with this product.
It fits great on helmets that are relatively normal shaped, a helmet such as the Klim F4 or a few others that have a lot of edges etc it may not fit. Usually we can get around most ridges by mounting off to the side or building up a mount with the Dual lock.

The LED Adventure light will fit in these applications, but also does not pack near the same punch.
what's a dual lock? and was thinking of a long range dual light on the lower bumper of my ski doo? I love my solstice But I want a new helmet!!!

Old 10-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Currently: Not set.
SnoWest Paid Sponsor
off road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond reputeoff road rider has a reputation beyond repute

Dual lock is the mounting system. What helmet? I may have a suggestion.
Lots of racers (Kains Quest or Irondog) do mount lights to the bumper, others mount lights to hoods. The dual is a big but very powerful light.
Great if your traveling high speeds, for moderate speeds I might recommend something else like one of our light bars.
We also have a new round Extreme long Range round light That's lighter and has colored covers.

www.cyclopsadventuresports.com

Get more fun out of riding, ride at night with Cyclops Race Inspired lighting!
(800)624-0278