• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rex XP- Rev XM Comparison Pic

X

Xrider

Jul 9, 2001
Montana
Doesn't the '13 look like it sits lower, more squat, bit of a low rider?? I've always felt like they need more running board to snow clearance, especially compared to poo and more so Cat.

Feb 28, 2009
Doesn't the '13 look like it sits lower, more squat, bit of a low rider?? I've always felt like they need more running board to snow clearance, especially compared to poo and more so Cat.
It is just the approach angle of the track is more graduall the height should be the same

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I think that a lot of weight is still a bit far forward on this chassis. Maybe just me, but I like it a bit more neutral. I also think that is part of the poo success on getting up on top of the snow is the highly centralized mass. According to these images a person would assume that the engine itself is several inches back on the poo vs doo...am I right on this?

They are very close....both primary clutches are just behind the shock well plastic, so by these pics they are probably within an inch of each other...???

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.

It looks like the rear scissor angle has been located back....which lowers the rear. We do this to the older XP's with the scissor relocate brackets and it makes them work MUCH better....keeps the nose down to lessen trenching and gives the sled a more level "attitude".

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
Had to resize to match the other pics so it may be off a bit. Wasn't sure where to line them up so I went with the lower a-arm ball joint. Maybe there is a better location to line up the pro with the Doo's.

xp_xm_pro2-1.jpg

How about adding the cat? Just for fun.
Appreciate the work ! great way to see the differences in the sleds.

Yella'

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
Where do you get 50 lbs? 08 was 430 lbs advertised and 13 is 459 lbs. Same track. I never saw a Poo advertised at 158 hp. Where so you get your info?

Where are you getting your info?

13 Poo 155" is advertised at 417.
13 Doo 154" is advertised at 464.

That is 47 pounds. I'll agree with you on the HP though. I think the difference is more than 5 HP.

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Where are you getting your info?

13 Poo 155" is advertised at 417.
13 Doo 154" is advertised at 464.

That is 47 pounds. I'll agree with you on the HP though. I think the difference is more than 5 HP.

My mistake, I thought you were comparing xp to xp over the last few years.
We are lucky to have the great machines of today. Personally I think Poo will find some weak spots that they will have to bulk up, adding a few lbs. (rear bumper for example ) Doo has had to do the same and a heavier fuel injection system. 420-450 lbs sleds will be the standard unless we want to pay more. Im ok with that, with the hp we are getting and the ride quality, we all should have smiles on our faces!

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
My mistake, I thought you were comparing xp to xp over the last few years.
We are lucky to have the great machines of today. Personally I think Poo will find some weak spots that they will have to bulk up, adding a few lbs. (rear bumper for example ) Doo has had to do the same and a heavier fuel injection system. 420-450 lbs sleds will be the standard unless we want to pay more. Im ok with that, with the hp we are getting and the ride quality, we all should have smiles on our faces!

Yep, they're all so close and so advanced now a days. A good rider will put all 3 sleds into places we have no business being. These comparison pics make me excited to try the new Doo though! Really liking the looks of the rear skid.

For the record it wasn't me who was posting earlier though about the weight difference. I just posted a response on behalf of that guy. lol.

And completely off topic - your name is familiar though. It was you and I who bought those Doo short blocks off that guy wasn't it? The "box of rocks." Lmao... glad that all worked out though. That seller had me worried for a bit.

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
I have seen multiple dynos of the new sled on the same day same dyno and they are all within 5 hp. And I'm sure cat and poo get more of that hp to the track than the doo

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I have seen multiple dynos of the new sled on the same day same dyno and they are all within 5 hp. And I'm sure cat and poo get more of that hp to the track than the doo

No way is the Poo 5hp less than either the Cat or the e-tech, try closer to 20hp. I have seen the dyno sheets too...

A

assault11

Jan 14, 2011
Red deer, Alberta
No way is the Poo 5hp less than either the Cat or the e-tech, try closer to 20hp.

I've seen it on more than one occasion. And I've yet to see a stock etec out climb me on my pro. On a straight up climb the poo and the doo run right side by side. But I could care less about straight up climbing. The Polaris flat out works in the trees, nobody can argue that. And I agree that the etec is a good motor but is it worth riding the xp chassis? IMO no. But maybe the xm is better ill ride one and give it an honest chance. And for those of you that think the pro motor is unreliable I've got almost 3000 miles on 2 of them and they've been awesome

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
I don't really get the pinecone jokes.. cant remember exact weights, but didn't they start when the XP came out in 08 at 430ish lbs and they were built out of recycled beer cans?? Now a 417 lb ish sled is built tougher than a 460 lb ish sled?

Last edited:
Premium Features