• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Impulse XM Turbo

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
very nice i went over the bars last year and was very lucky i didn't slice my leg wide open on the mountain..... i will be making this change for sure

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
very nice i went over the bars last year and was very lucky i didn't slice my leg wide open on the mountain..... i will be making this change for sure
Only thing I don't like that I'll figure something out for is the bolt under the boost gauge. I left it out for now, otherwise you have to pull the gauge to get to it so you can remove the hood. Also leave some slack in the boost tube to get it on easier, the barb fitting in the boost gauge sits inside the hood and you need to slide it on before you slide the gauge in.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
What am I missing, riding Vail pass at the monument and sitting at the trailer scratching my head, for some reason my afr is showing lean. Wot is 13.7-14.1 and everywhere across the board is high. Problem is you can tell the its loading up and running rich. I ran at sea level at home and it ran great, so I'm assuming I did something wrong or missed something I can't think of. Running 9600 ft, 110 octane, and 7psi. Thanks in advance!

bmiller1985

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2013
merrimac, wi
You could have a bad o2 sensor if you have a spare try pulls switching that out
No spare, kit had about 30 miles on it before today but all at sea level. Guy with a Silber pro re-calibrated his wideband and it fixed the his issue, he had the same as I do. I have a different wideband though and is supposed to self calibrate.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Been out twice now since I went to toms arms in primary and 42 helix..

First to golden at 9 to ten thousand feet at ambeint temps of 20c late spring and this last trip to Revy at 6500feet.. At a minus 13c

Ussally in the past this would need primary tuning changes, or some serious secondary changes, with the difference in hp being made, but so far have not changed anything, and rpm have been glued to 8k..

Next trip plan to play around with boost and see how they hold all sorts of boost

Sled has been running flawless since we did latest ECM reflash.. What a nice kit

Zeb.. Is there anyway to purchase the tuning controls from you for my Aerocharger.. Sure would like a no touch setup

Last trip video from the training shoot at Revy-Boulder area.. Can hear rpms are on the money all the way

http://youtu.be/SvZuPymO-lo

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Made a mistake on helix... It's a 44 degree instead of 42 I said on previous post..

I'm trying out a modication that so far looks very promising for this kit.. If it holds up like it has, it will be real sweet.. Keep you informed

Has anyone tried the bigger aftermarket y pipe with this kit..

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
So what boost is the max we should be running with strait av gas??

I have raised boost to 7 lbs on last 4 day trip and never seen any problems or knock codes with strait av at 6500feet, at -3c..Would like to run just strait av

Now with 1500km on this kit and comparing it to the aero, tss, boost-it, one thing that stands out is the fueling more than any other.. It does not matter if your running 1200 feet to 7000.. -20 to plus 20,, Air fuels seam to be stuck at the 12.8 to 13.. Where the others kits don't seam to have tuning perfected

Then get on the big climbs and the Track speeds stand out.. And it's still very rideable in the trees..

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Been a few years since last post.. Get a feel who's running them and how they are still liking there xm turbo kits..

I am now with 2500miles on same motor untouched and life has been good, did go threw a turbo when fuse went out and shut oil pump down, but other than that it's been good, still have a little unwanted stumble on lowend but nothing you can learn to drive threw

Clutching still is toms arms, ramps loaded up to 85 grams, primary spring is 160/320 with 44 helix and black spring in secondary.. I might stiffen up primary spring to increase engagement

Been out with many turbo sleds over the years and the impulse is always done very well, Paul's fueling is perfect other than initial stumble.. Redline now says they have a fix to reduce fuel down low and I'm hoping to clean that up as well.

Went threw a few a/f sensors over the years, but a buddy has now figured out how to prevent them from affect fueling on Paul's ecm if they burn out.. Really don't care if it burns out, because it's fuelled so well and this way it will not add the extra 6 percent more fuel..

For boost been running 10lbs for most of it on strait av gas at 6-8000 feet, heard a few others over 12psi..the boost gauge is defiantly not the best since it can show -6lbs to 0 depending on elevation.. Needs to be zeroed a lot it seams.. Just ordered a cheap electronic digital led to try with it.. And might take it to 12 lbs since I have not lost rods yet

Over all very happy with this impulse kit with that many miles on it.. Thanks Paul for the wonderful kit..

Anyone here how the 850 kits been doing?? Have not seen to many 850 kits that are doing any better than his 800 impulse kit

kfaz123

Premium Member
Oct 3, 2012
B.C.
i`ve been running a impulse kit on my 2015 174 t3 (7psi) for a couple years now. love it so much fun! took a bit to get the clutching exactly how i like it. had to solve a little issue with the factory rave check valves cause even brand new they leak. i have some stumble on the bottom at low altitude but once above 4000 feet it has no stumble on the bottom end straight rips. running dj clutching. im now struggling with a intermittent stalling issue when i ride the sled hard, ride it easy never happens ride it hard and it floods and dies (can watch the wide band go full rich and smokes black), clear the flood good to go again for awhile till it decides to do it again. seems to be heat related if i let it heat soak it gets worse (more frequent). sled has a new stator, new fuel pump (fixed a stumble on the bottom end i used to have and picked up 400rpm on the top end), new coils, new plugs, new wires, new tps, new rave position sensor (shares 5 volt reference with tps), new direct injectors. on the impulse side, new boost pressure sensor, new baro sensor, checked iat sensor, pined out wires for wiring harness checks out good. running out of **** to replace getting down to ecus at this point. sled never sets a code when it happens. runs amazing till it decides to stall can go 3 hours or 5 min. had 2 trouble free years just started this year. hopefully get to the bottom of it soon

160/320 primary
225/330 secondary
dj mountain ramps
dj helix
25 grams pin weight
2mm oversized rollers
belt drive 2.33 gearing

Premium Features