• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 rmk turbo tunning help

pat.m23

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2015
Hi ihave a 2015 rmk pro turbo its the boondocker air to air intercooler kit i also have a rk tek rev 2 topend with the 10.5 turbo head. I am running the 3* boondocker timing key as well and i am at sea level riding up to 4000ft. I was running av gas but i am going to switch it up to vp110. I want to run 10 to 12 lbs of boost and i need a starting point for my numbers. I tried the numbers boondocker recommend on av gas at 10lbs and it leaned out 3 mins into the ride and i drove 8 hours to ride and couldnt ride. I was canada on the coast and the air was dry i hope one of u can help me with a starting poing with my numbers on my box going back up in march and dont want to make that mistake again thank you pat

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Just start throwing fuel in the lean areas.... You should learn to tune your sled fully yourself so you dont run into these issues. Im not saying a good base map doesnt help but since no one is giving you anything im sure you could figure it out on your own... Thats the beauty of all the new turbo kits, for the most part they are getting pretty easy to tune!

pat.m23

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2015
Im not saying i cant tune it i was just looking for a place to start sence the place i had to start was not to good lol

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Just start throwing fuel in the lean areas.... You should learn to tune your sled fully yourself so you dont run into these issues. Im not saying a good base map doesnt help but since no one is giving you anything im sure you could figure it out on your own... Thats the beauty of all the new turbo kits, for the most part they are getting pretty easy to tune!

You know how many different settings there is in a 3D boondocker controller. It's not for the novice operator/tuner. Need someone to teach you.

B

briand

Nov 27, 2007
Rolly View, Alberta, Canada
Hi ihave a 2015 rmk pro turbo its the boondocker air to air intercooler kit i also have a rk tek rev 2 topend with the 10.5 turbo head. I am running the 3* boondocker timing key as well and i am at sea level riding up to 4000ft. I was running av gas but i am going to switch it up to vp110. I want to run 10 to 12 lbs of boost and i need a starting point for my numbers. I tried the numbers boondocker recommend on av gas at 10lbs and it leaned out 3 mins into the ride and i drove 8 hours to ride and couldnt ride. I was canada on the coast and the air was dry i hope one of u can help me with a starting poing with my numbers on my box going back up in march and dont want to make that mistake again thank you pat

I have a 12 pro with a boondocker turbo and dropin kit rev 1 with the 12.1 turbo domes. What i have found is this motor loves to be running at 8400 - 8500 rpm. I also run at 10 pounds of boost at my elev.of 2000 ft with a mix of 34% premium and 66% 110 race fuel. no det problems. Also to get the rpms that this combo likes i had to ditch the 3* timing key and run on the premium setting. I started out with the numbers boondocker sent out and in the 4500 rpm non boost range i added 2 at 0% 2 at 33% 1 at 66% and 1 at 99% range. 5500 rpm non boost range i added the same amount. All other numbers I left alone.
in cruising range on the a/f gauge i will see a/f numbers in the 15 range but have not had any issues. hopefully this helps you out a little. i have also attached my starting no.s

Attachments

• PolarisProRMK_11-15_StartingNumbers.pdf
    138.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

pat.m23

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2015
I have a 12 pro with a boondocker turbo and dropin kit rev 1 with the 12.1 turbo domes. What i have found is this motor loves to be running at 8400 - 8500 rpm. I also run at 10 pounds of boost at my elev.of 2000 ft with a mix of 34% premium and 66% 110 race fuel. no det problems. Also to get the rpms that this combo likes i had to ditch the 3* timing key and run on the premium setting. I started out with the numbers boondocker sent out and in the 4500 rpm non boost range i added 2 at 0% 2 at 33% 1 at 66% and 1 at 99% range. 5500 rpm non boost range i added the same amount. All other numbers I left alone.
in cruising range on the a/f gauge i will see a/f numbers in the 15 range but have not had any issues. hopefully this helps you out a little. i have also attached my starting no.s

I was thinking of doing the same thing and adding alittle fuel in the mid range too and mayb i will try doing a mix i will b running 10 to 12 lbs of boost with the 10.5 head i will prob start with a 25 75 mix of pump n 110

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming

What range of numbers is one supposed to be searching for? You mentioned 15 range with no issues. If I understand right, lower is richer, higher is leaner. What are guys shooting for A/F ratio?

Dazzler

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2009
Cochrane Ab

Are you on or did you try the ethanol setting? That will dump in more fuel. I ran all my Polaris turboed sleds on that setting with boondockers numbers with no issues, I had to pulled a little fuel out of the bottom end on my 2013 @ 6lbs but my 2015 was stock engine @ 12lbs, boon dockers #'s and never missed a beat. I ride 4000' - 7000' mostly.

Premium Features