• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What happened to the forum Header?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Last night I noticed the forum header was messed up, I just figured it was a microsoft update that went south. Then this morning on another computer I see the same messed up header, what happened?

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Ditto - Am I going to have to pay to get rid of that too like the advertisements ??????????
Bad enough I can not get rid of that juvenile chat box.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Same issue here. Seems to really slow things down too, you have to wait for something to load before you can even scroll down past it. PITA. Eric

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Same issue here. Seems to really slow things down too, you have to wait for something to load before you can even scroll down past it. PITA. Eric

Yep, and I wonder if they are planning a big advertisement up there or what? It looks unprofessional and ghetto right now, hopefully the old picture returns and things go back to working like normal.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
As a subscriber to the "NO ADS" option, I have no idea what you guys are complaining about. I have no Header or logo at the top, just a few buttons for options. And below that the normal forum option pull down menus.

B

bigbone

Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
As a subscriber to the "NO ADS" option, I have no idea what you guys are complaining about. I have no Header or logo at the top, just a few buttons for options. And below that the normal forum option pull down menus.

If I become a premium member I can get rid of ALL the ads an the page?

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska

I'm also a subscriber, it's those big button tabs that are messing the forum up. The old forum header picture with the small tabs below did not effect performance.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I think most of us can overlook an inconvenience if is brought along with a positive elsewhere.
However to lessen the quality of your product without a gain elsewhere is self destructive & unintelligent, and if it being done as an intentional inconvenience just because you can, it is also arrogant.
I would like to believe that is not the case, but with no other explanation........who knows?

O
Dec 6, 2007
I think most of us can overlook an inconvenience if is brought along with a positive elsewhere.
However to lessen the quality of your product without a gain elsewhere is self destructive & unintelligent, and if it being done as an intentional inconvenience just because you can, it is also arrogant.
I would like to believe that is not the case, but with no other explanation........who knows?

Ummmm, I think, unfortunately, you nailed it. The current snowest forum regime is exceedingly arrogant and rather blatant with regard to pilfering of funds from those who make the forum work in the first place...

Paying members having to view ads is pretty "forward thinking". Most places get rid of the ads for the basic fee. It appears you can do this with snowest as well, just another $7 a year on top of what you already paid.

The arrogance is easy to spot. There are at least two threads going right now about the big new header banner with "subscribe" highlighted but, strangely no word from the fearless leader. I think that pretty much tells us where admin stands, no words necessary.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Sad thing is, after being around here for over 15 years, I find that I am beginning to not really give a s#it any longer.:face-icon-small-sad

Premium Features