• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

P85 clutch puller for PSI motor - just the standard polaris clutch puller, right?

go high fast

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Missoula MT
Scott, thanks for the puller. Yours is on the bottom. Mine, which is a standard Polaris puller is on the top. With the 12mm psi clutch bolt in the middle a clutch puller diameter of 10mm at the tip should have cleared the threads but you can see from the lines on my puller that the threads were in contact with the puller.

I believe I've pushed the threads down since the clutch bolt wont grab anything when I put it in.

Here's what's a bit confusing. Although yours is cut to 10mm for another inch or so both pullers have the 10mm diameter at the tip.

I think i am going to have my turned down to 8 mm and have it go up at 8mm all the way for about 4 inches or so to the section just next to the threads.

What do you think??

One last basic question.......clutch pullers work by having the tip, and the tip only, push against the crank to dislodge the clutch, correct???

IMG_0905.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't think your idea can hurt...unless it NEEDS to be 10mm for strength...but I can't say for sure.

It does look like my puller has been rattling on the threads too.
Yeah, they push on the back as far as I know and that's how they come off.

W

w browning

Mar 21, 2009
What would it hurt to rethread the boogered 12mm threads to 14mm and use a 14mm bolt. If infact it leaves you enough thread depth. Just a thought!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Good idear too. BUT, I think he's doing crank work anyway so it may not be neccessary.

Premium Features