• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do you ride with your teather?

Tether?

• Ride with Tether cord

Votes: 111 39.6%
  • Ride with it sometimes

Votes: 74 26.4%
  • What's a tether cord?

Votes: 95 33.9%

• Total voters

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
am i missing something? Even with the motor shut off your sled will still ghost ride all the way to the bottom.

Yes but with the motor off, it slows much more quickly due to the friction of the belt running through the sheaves.

We have 4 reasons that customers tell us why they want a Cordless Teth-Air.

The above is #1

#2 is throttle sticking wide open like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZHnSve0eA

#3 is for the 4 strokes that seize upside down when idling and the rider is swimming in chest deep powder but just can't get there in time.

#4 For security as the Teth-Air will shut down the sled within 1 second if the trasmitter tag is not present on start-up.

So where is the poll for using the Cordless Teth-Air option?:party:

Chris

Last edited:
N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
Do you ride with your teather cord attached to your jacket or do you leave it on the sled twisted up? Whats your reason for your answer?

Teather? Never heard of such a thing, perhaps you meant tether? :face-icon-small-hap

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
I have the tether connected to the hook on the front of my jacket. Many stories of "i wish i had a tether". I feel naked without it.

What DJ said. Saved me/my sled twice. If you don't use one then you're just plain ignorant in my book (and will figure this out sooner or later at a cost a lot higher than you expect)!

G MAN

Last edited:
Yes but with the motor off, it slows much more quickly due to the friction of the belt running through the sheaves.

We have 4 reasons that customers tell us why they want a Cordless Teth-Air.

The above is #1

#2 is throttle sticking wide open like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scZHnSve0eA

#3 is for the 4 strokes that seize upside down when idling and the rider is swimming in chest deep powder but just can't get there in time.

#4 For security as the Teth-Air will shut down the sled within 1 second if the trasmitter tag is not present on start-up.

So where is the poll for using the Cordless Teth-Air option?:party:

Chris

Sorry bud I will try and add it. Can you elaberate on what a Teth-air is exactly, how much $$$$, and how it works?

J

jfox1995

Jan 12, 2008
I always wear one now that I ride the mountains. Didn't really matter much for trail riding when I was doing that before. I really don't understand why it would bother someone though. I move around on my sled all the time and have never had any issues with the tether being in the way or pulling out. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough...

I.P.Yellow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I always wear mine. If you make a loop and wear it around your wrist it will not get tangled as much as wearing it on your jacket. Teth-Air looks like the real deal.

S
Feb 3, 2010
Sutton, AK
FYI: Etec's will run upside down too w/ the direct injection. But they won't seize up unless the oil tank is low.
I wear mine attached to right hand glove, it doesn't move if I'm riding. Most gloves have a clip and ring for each pair.

Last edited:
Y

yam_apex91469

Jan 24, 2007
Byron, IL
X2 G MAN ----- always, always wear it - i watched it go thru a meadow WFO without me on it after I fell off on a carve and the throttle decided to stick. Thank god it was fresh pow and it flipped a couple of times - landed upside down (no damage, just popped the windshield out - I'm friggin lucky) before hitting the trees - almost took out my buddy. Like some of you, I thought it was silly and a PIA before but now I hardly push the starter without clipping it to my coat.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Sorry bud I will try and add it. Can you elaberate on what a Teth-air is exactly, how much $$$$, and how it works?

The Teth-Air is a radio tether system that shuts down the sled with-in 1 second when the transmitter tag (worn on your wrist) becomes farther from the receiver (mounted under the hood of your sled) than approx. 10ish ft. (antenna length dependant)

The sled can be forced off at a closer distance by covering the transmitter completely.

This device is for thoses guys who know a tether is a good idea but just can't bring themselves to having a cord strapped to them all day. Or they worry about getting it caught in the bars, tree branches or pulled into the track like what happened to my son when he was about 10 years old.

They are $299 and stocked at a few dealers in Alberta, Sask, B.C. and down in Washington.

Cheers,

Chris

superfly333

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2008
MN
If I am not just putting around, my tether is clipped to my jacket, too many close calls. The Teth-Air is a sweet idea, I like the idea.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I always got ribbed about wearing mine all the time. Watched my buddy's m8ghost ride down the hill at Revy and into the fir trees on friday at about 40 mph. He wants me to order in a tether for him. Karma is a bitch...

B
May 20, 2008
Newfoundland
If I go farther than my yard the tether gets attached to my TekVest. Have had my carbs stick before, and I'd rather have my sled killed when I fall off than take the chance of it running away.

S
Sep 24, 2010
i never did till a friend fell off and the sled landed on the left side with the left hand throttle wide open and he was under the track. The track burned a deep grove in his helmet and into his neck mm away from the main vain almost died and now a massive scar to remember it. Think about it it it only takes a second to put it on

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
am i missing something? Even with the motor shut off your sled will still ghost ride all the way to the bottom.

Rhino, you are correct, however start your sled, and pull on the front bumper to move it, then do it with the motor stopped. Much more resistance with the motor stopped. That is the basic thought on this, that and it does kill it of a WOT incident happens, or you roll it, fall off, and it lands in the tree with the flipper pinned to the bar until it blows up. Seen that happen once ..... very ugly.

Yella'

Premium Features