• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Will there be a in season 840 released???

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Bringing this back up, was at a open house at a Polaris dealer tonight and one of the salesman told me Polaris is giving them 5 850's to sale there first one was there and was sold already with a BD turbo mounted on it already.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Ski Doo said it was snow check only to but then realised 850 sp's to all there dealers in December. I have some buddies who didn't snow check a poo 850 and we we're wondering if poo will do the same.

?? The 850 Doo was a full release, snowcheck and in season. Same as always, X Models snowcheck only. SP models regular in season.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
They are building a record number of SC sleds this year, over the goal of what they anticipated. had to add extra production, that’s why some SC sleds will be a bit later than usual. They don’t have production capacity to pull a mid season 2019 850 out of thin air. Plus dealer orders for the year are long past complete, and were not scaled down in anticipation/accomdation of any type of later release. Fully confident it’s not going to happen.

I can see that, my dealer Snowchecked 2 Poo sleds last year. Why snowcheck when you can buy a new one in January for $9000? And everyone knows it, I have several friends that just wait until Jan and buy cheap. Dealer filled his allotment easily this year with the 850. There won't be any 850 Poos available, they are gold. Dealer had one legit backout this year and people were fighting over it. Fines for dealers that fake snowchecked. Won't be an in season release.

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Yes there has been SC back outs, there always is. And the dealers have lists of people waiting for them. Dealers were allowed a demo, to be sold at the end of the season after miles have been put on them. Now I do not think there was a contract they had to sign making sure they did not sell it early but they were suppose to be demos. You could choose what ever 850 model you wanted, some brought in RMK's and others brought in shorties. This is a big difference from floor room base model 850s being sold.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
The guy told me they were such a high volume poo dealer that Polaris gave them 5 850's to sell in season.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
If the dealer is Carl's, I can see it. I was told that Jack had an 850 to ride last year. Way to piss off the other dealers, but Poo doesn't care about anything other than sales, and Carl's sells a lot of sleds.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Bringing this back up, was at a open house at a Polaris dealer tonight and one of the salesman told me Polaris is giving them 5 850's to sale there first one was there and was sold already with a BD turbo mounted on it already.

The one that was sold was suppose to be their demo. I think the salesman was misinformed. In their defense how do you demo a mountain sled in eastern South Dakota.

The BD sled was built by Dakota Mod Shop and a demo can be set up if your serious about purchasing a Boondocker kit.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
The one that was sold was suppose to be their demo. I think the salesman was misinformed. In their defense how do you demo a mountain sled in eastern South Dakota.

The BD sled was built by Dakota Mod Shop and a demo can be set up if your serious about purchasing a Boondocker kit.

I was thinking that was there demo, also the other 4 sleds might be ghost snow checks and there using this story so no one gets mad.

How do u demo a turbo in eastern SD?

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
when they get told no 850s,wonder if the winter shopping masses will go home with a baby poo 800 or will they go buy a 850 doo or cat

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
when they get told no 850s,wonder if the winter shopping masses will go home with a baby poo 800 or will they go buy a 850 doo or cat

I think anyone who is even remotely plugged in to the sled scene is aware that the 850 was SC only. They threw a lot of marketing around to drive that point home in the spring.

Personally I think it's a great program to make snowcheck more exclusive again. We are rolling in to this year with the lowest non-current inventory of several years. And the coolest new model year stock ever (as dealers were able to custom order many 800's with any combo of track, shocks, colours, bars, gauge, etc)...so that is a first. Used sleds are selling good, and holding a good price as well. All of this was a dream 3 years ago. For someone working in the industry, I think they're on to something this year (honest thoughts, not towing the corp. line). And all of that is a win for everyone....riders, dealers, corp.

zecow224

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2018
Wisconsin
I will say this being from the great state of Wisconsin, I was informed by 2 dealers that they had employees SC and backout. I was inquiring about an 800 RMK when they said that they had an 850 RMK if I was interested. However I have also heard that people who SC are being contacted to ensure what they ordered is accurate and potentially screen for fake SC's? I would be fine if they started offering a base model 850 in season next year but keep the high end 850's as snow checks to keep the used market value up. It helps both the dealers and the SC'ers because it keeps the used market high and the losses down. On the flipside the local dealer manager was one of the few who got to go to MN and test ride the new Indy and he said it was significantly more noticeable than the 800. When I was talking to him it almost sounded like there was more to that test day then they are allowed to talk about. Hopefully Polaris keeps rolling out the new products and ideas.

Premium Features