SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - Idaho/Montana OHV Registration
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 01:40 PM
Currently: Can't wait for CB.8 to say he should have gotten a snowbike
FlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingW has a reputation beyond repute

It is my understanding that Idaho is going up significantly next year and Montana is increasing theirs also for next year. Grooming doesn't come cheap and each state has a different program to pay for the grooming system. When all the Midwest riders came in it was impossible to pay for the necessary grooming based off of what the in-state snowmobilers alone could pay. That was the reason the non-resident stickers came into play to pay for the level of grooming needed.

I was just at a Washington State Snowmobile Association meeting yesterday and they were talking about the increases in fees in Idaho and Montana and if you bought a Wyoming tag too that it got expensive. I tried to remind them about our Washington fee as well as Idaho and Oregon for those of us in the SE corner of Washington and that it cost us money too. They kind of forget when they don't snowmobile in the state corner areas and hadn't thought about it happening close by.

Rate this post: Yes | No