SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - When you get stuck - what do you do?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 12:50 PM
Currently: Not set.
dooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond reputedooman92 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stuck

Situation 1, if when you lose all momentum you let off gas, before digging the rear to near vertical and avoiding a deep hole, you can sometimes get moving with a ski pull from your strong partner. It is also much easier to lean or turn the bike if not buried in a deep trench. Leaning/forced leveraging while deep in a hole has been known to bend and break the rear suspension arms. Sometimes a shovel is unavoidable.

Situation 2, bike flipped down hill. In this situation you don't want the bike to lay upside down very long as the oil could drain out the breather system. I am in my seventh decade and can no longer lift the bike up hill. I find with the bike laying on its side I can pull on the ski or rear and rotate/spin the bike until the track is downhill and the top of the bike is uphill. Then I can lift the bike up. Digging a hole under the track so the bike falls/leans into the hole makes picking the bike up easier also. I also have a strap that goes from just above the foot pegs from one side over the seat to the other side with just enough slack to get a hand under it for lifting as the bikes have limited places to grap and lift. Now, just don't add trees.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to dooman92 For This Useful Post:
Chadx (03-16-2019)