SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - NEED INPUT FROM THE RAM-TRUCK PEOPLE.... BEST AUTOMATIC LOW MAINT DIESEL.
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 11:31 PM
Currently: Working on the new/Old School Tow Rig.
Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,025 Posts
turbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond reputeturbolover has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I believe that 98.5 - 2002 will have the 47 re trans - OD lockout only

These are the years I would look for, The 2003 - 2007 will have the 48 RE trans - OD lockout and Tow/Haul Mode. More specifically an 06 or 07.
These years are all 5.9 motors. In stock form the trans will hold fairly well if you remember to use tow/haul and be nice to it. No drag racing with the trailer, if it down shifts on a hill - pull the shifter down there and hold it and slow down.

I had an 07 5.9 that got fantastic fuel mileage. It would pull a fully loaded 30 car trailer up just about anything at about 60. I could go faster but didnít like to wind it up that much. When it would drop out of OD about 60 Iíd kick OD off leave it in direct and just keep going up the hill at that speed.

I upgraded trucks to a 14 6.7. I certainly has more power but no where near the fuel mileage.

The 2007.5 - 12 trucks are 6.7. They didnít have DEF but the tuning absolutely sucked for fuel mileage. Tuners, exhaust and intakes didnít seem to help them much either.

14 800 Pro RMK 163
09 600 RMK 156

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turbolover For This Useful Post:
mountainhorse (03-06-2019), ryanjeri (03-06-2019)