SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - No enthusiasm for the 2020 EVO RMK?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 10:31 PM
Currently: Hooray for Snow!
Escmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond reputeEscmanaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default something nice

Ok, I need to say something nice or else I won't be able to sleep at night. Here we go.

First. While other manufacturers are looking at the 11 year old boy who is 80 pounds and about 4'7" and flipping them the middle finger, Polaris is at least pretending to act like they care. That seems to be a first step in the right direction that should be appreciated.

Second, not only did they make a sled for the 11 year old, but then they even made an RMK version. Again, better than the double bird we are getting from the other factories.

Third, they put gripper skis on it. Cool!!

Fourth, the track has 1.75" lugs. Alright!!

Fifth, the gas tank, seat, and the bars are great. My 9 year old was riding a 2012 600 RMK 144 on Saturday and really didn't have the option of getting on one side of the sled because the seat was too high and the bars were too high/wide.

Sixth, they at least do offer the parts for us to "undo" their mistake of limiting the throttle.

Seventh, they seem to offer a lower gear in the chaincase, which is a great option to leave in for mountain riding, even after getting all your throttle back. I assume that will work great. Still waiting to hear from a Guinea Pig on it. Anybody? Anybody?

I do appreciate Polaris at least putting effort in. I suppose that all I have to do to make it pretty decent is undo their throttle mistake, undo their lowering suspension mistake, narrow the ski stance and put aftermarket boards on it. Shoot, I might just actually buy one. Honestly, if I insist on sleds that are less than 10 years old, is there really anything out there that is better for an 80 pound 4'7" rider?

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to Escmanaze For This Useful Post:
powdrdaz (03-06-2019)