• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HANDLEBAR RISER VIBRATION ISOLATOR

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
SHOKBLOK'R HANDLEBAR RISER VIBRATION ISOLATOR

I just ordered this for my 900,, anyone ever put one on ?

What was your experience with how it worked.. Big difference in vibration isolation,, little bit, way smoother ?

Never had one, but the 900 will be a great test subject. I'm betting it will help quite a bit with the vibs in the bars. Now your gonna have to figure out a way to stop the feet vibrations. Let us know how they work

Yes i will give an update on the outcome. But it will not be for two months. I just bought it off ebay..

My 900 only has a vibration at idle, once rpm gets up to level to engage clutch it's no big deal... I just want to see if it smooths out even more.

I must have good balanced primary and no torn motor mounts.

It doesn't vibrate anymore than my old XCR 440 at driving speeds. At idle, yes my ski tips are dancing.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
ive been kicking th idea of trying one out too..plus it will add a small raise in the bars too..

also make sure you OEM torque stop isnt pressed againis the motor...keep it .010-.030" away from teh engine block, or you will have MAD vibs in your bar and footboards ;)

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
i think the issue here is..

im sure lots have bought it, but very few with 900s have im sure...theres far more things that people tend to first to control the vibs on these big boys...

and a simple little deal like the iso-vibe is hard to rely on at $40, lol...we dump mad cash into these babies...and iso-vibes dont solve the issue, just hide it (if in fact they work).

so this is the PERFECT time for a product review on something no one has much info on..

like i said, i am interested in one.

JUST make SURE you take care of the TRUE reasons the 900 vibrates...

--motor mounts must be MINT (ALL)
--OEM torque stop gapped at .010"-0.30" from engine case
--balance primary
--SLP torque arm
--SLP push arm

Mine is not a bad vibrating 900, only at idle. This sled vibrates no more than my XCR 440 1996. Just want to mount my new Garmin NUVI GPS to the bars, and since i look for directions at a stop i want to see if this isolation thing would help,, and if it's a benifit as i ride great.
If moves too much, ill just get a tank map bag and put it in there.

But i will report out on the feel i get from this isolator,, but not for a month. And my first report out will be at idle in my garage. Then of coarse once we got snow for ride report.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
There is a difference between the Isovibe and the Shokblokr from Polaris .

I had the IsoVibe on my 05 9er.... It worked very well at controlling the vibes... that one ran perfect and still does for the guy I sold her to...balanced, compfusin, clutching, torque stop adjusted well...
Isovibe from Grip-n-Rip Very nice build, not to be confused with the lesser quality polaris accessory... Full Snowcross Strength!! Light as well. will add 1.5" or 2.5" depending on how you mount it. this adds on top of your factory riser. They are not cheap, but they are well worth the investment....

I thought it was great...

I'm not super convinced on the ShockBlokrs quality.

Isovibe on my 2005 900
900isos.jpg

Polaris%20narrow.jpg

ShokBlok'r
2900257_large.jpg

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Nope.. I had a Shokblokr that I got off of Ebay before the Iso vibe...

The isovibe worked MUCH better and did not wear out so quickly.

There was a reason that Polaris discontinued the Shokblokr

IMO....

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
I put the IsoVibe on my Skidoo XP last winter because my hands were numb from the vibration and my elbows hurt. The IsoVibe solved both issues for me. I would buy another one if I had a sled that vibrated like that.

My Polaris shockblocker just came in the mail,, looks like a strong unit.

From an engineering aspect, the meat,, or bumper material is approx. 3/4" thick spread out amongst good size footprint.

The isovibe im sure works great, and a little more pricey, but has less bump stop material in the overall pkg. Basically 1" dia. w/ bolt going thru middle,, so 3/8" side to side.

I think this will work well for a 900 Fusion that does not have a severe vibration problem.

Like i said,, i will report out on this when i bring my sleds south to my regular house for fun work.

D

danduvall

Jan 28, 2010
n.e. ohio
Just My .o2

Fill the Bars with GREAT STUFF Foam in a can!!

Do it on Quads, Bikes, Snowmobiles.... Ect..

Works great!! under $10.00

my .o2

also try buck shot, or coperhead air rifle bb's, must be used with bar hooks or bar end plugs! and pack the bb's in there good and tight!!

R
Dec 17, 2006
I have the iso-vibe on mine it help a little but you still feel it. but I like it has more of a sponge fell to it when pulling on the bars ,and it give a little rise to the bars

Well my report back on the Shockblocker:

Sled is home in sothern Michigan now,, just installed the Shockblocker vibration isolator to the steering post,, fired up the Beast and noticed a difference right away !! It definatly made a diffference, and I am very happy.

From this observation at idle at end of summer, so this is not a riding report on this,, sitting on my garage floor,, this is great and no way is this a junk item and you must get the isovibe,, nope, !!
For 40 bucks, heck ya,, everyone should add this,, a bang for your buck you can touch and feel everytime you use it...

Next report will be from a trail ride w/ this shockblocker.

Michigan trail

Report on Polaris Shockblocker...

Well i did 300 miles on michigan trail thisweekend, the 900 has great power and thevibrations were much less than myh old sled, (XCR440). So i can say if you get the 900, just get the shockblocker, cause its a cheap item,, and gets rid of this whole issue on vibration feel.

I will not be doing all this clutch work, etc... I drag raced on a packed road a few times against 800HO & F7's... It's all about the hook up on the ground,STUDS,,.... When i spun too much, the F7 beat me by a length... wheni hooked up,, i pulled all the way to 100,, then let off.... The 800HO Skidoo was beat whethher i spun or hooked up...

So if you wanna win for drag race,,, just add more studs,,, rather than 500 bucks for pipe,etc.. 250 clutch,etc... How about 75 bucks for more studs... I got 144,, i don't want more cause in trail i want the tail end to slide more for turning..

I guttted my stock air box,,,, i noticed that it sounds like a tractor on the air box side,,,, it made it allot louder no doubt about it... The sound gave me the illusion of more vibration....

Premium Features