• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 September 25th unveiling

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
http://www.equipmentworld.com/photo...-confirm-updated-styling-september-unveiling/

PHOTOS: Spy shots of 2017 Ford Super Duty confirm updated styling, September unveiling -

2017-Ford-Super-Duty-spy-shots4.png

2017-Ford-Super-Duty-spy-shots3.png

2017-Ford-Super-Duty-spy-shots2.png

Usually, the skilled spy photographers who stalk the automotive industry’s camouflaged secrets catch these working prototypes during highway testing. But in the case of the 2017 Super Duty’s latest photo op, Ford was ready.

As seen in photos by SpiedBilde posted by PickupTrucks.com and Auto Guide, the automaker prepared a special camouflage decal coating to the prototype pickup’s exterior to hide the nuances of the truck’s design, but also to announce when all will be revealed: during the State Fair of Texas next month.

As you can see in the photos above, the F-250 and F-350 are definitely in for a styling makeover for 2017. And though the truck’s new appearance seems to embrace straighter lines and blockier appearance, it’s unclear whether or not the new models will sport the longer nose of that leaked photo we saw back in March.

However, according to SpiedBilde, what you can expect out of the new models is a 10-speed automatic transmission paired with Ford’s 6.7-liter Power Stroke diesel. Of course, like the sibling F-150, the new Super Duty models will feature an aluminum body and will adopt many of the F-150’s tech features like the 360-degree camera, pro trailer backup assist and more.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
Sounds like a great truck! My current '14 Powerstroke has at least another 200,000 miles to go before I will consider a new one so they should have the bugs worked out by that time!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
No new pictures of the highly speculated "Megacab"!!
NO!
Not a single one that I can find.
Honestly, was REALLY hoping Ford would roll out a MEGA cab.
That alone would sell me on the F250 as my next truck.

I have to admit, sitting in the back of the Dodge MegaCab is a SWEET long distance back seat ride! There is a TON OF ROOM when the seat is reclined.

0601_04z%2B2006_dodge_ram_mega_cab_1500_slt%2Brear_interior_view.jpg

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
NO!
Not a single one that I can find.
Honestly, was REALLY hoping Ford would roll out a MEGA cab.
That alone would sell me on the F250 as my next truck.

I have to admit, sitting in the back of the Dodge MegaCab is a SWEET long distance back seat ride! There is a TON OF ROOM when the seat is reclined.

0601_04z%2B2006_dodge_ram_mega_cab_1500_slt%2Brear_interior_view.jpg

Have they made the rear megacab seat any more comfortable in the last few years? Last time I rode in one it was around a 2006 vintage and it was like sitting on a piece of cloth covered plywood. Plenty of room, but still not comfortable to me.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Have they made the rear megacab seat any more comfortable in the last few years? Last time I rode in one it was around a 2006 vintage and it was like sitting on a piece of cloth covered plywood. Plenty of room, but still not comfortable to me.

That I do NOT know.
I have only sat in one on a demo drive.
Wasn't really paying close attention to the actual seat itself.
Just to the amazing amount of leg room for a large adult to enjoy on a LOOOONG ride from Idaho Falls up to Canada.

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
There is a balance between the leg room and comfort of the seat. With the already roomy Ford interior maybe Ford think they can get away with putting comfy slightly reclining seats in it?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It may not be a mega-cab, but the rear of the cab on that disguised cab does look longer to me.
My suspicion is that it was just mocked up to throw us all off.
I haven't caught even a HINT that ford is moving towards a mega cab,
Sure wish they would, but I think they were just trying to fool everyone with those mock-up vehicles.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There is a balance between the leg room and comfort of the seat. With the already roomy Ford interior maybe Ford think they can get away with putting comfy slightly reclining seats in it?
Its entirely possible.
I just know that on those LOOOOONG hauls, man you just can't have too much leg room in the back seat to try and stay comfortable when your in the truck for 12 hours...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/txE4XJ-zlKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

F

fitler

May 14, 2009
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/txE4XJ-zlKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They always test new cars in summit county CO. That is my hometown in the video buffalo and red peak in the background.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN

I would be down with a sweet reclining seat in the back sideways like on all the old small trucks . but like I said a nice reclining deal . usually no more than 3 guys in a PU on a 18 hr drive any way. all I know is hell has to be close to the ride in the back seat of the current f350 the one with suicide back doors . miserable situation

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Christopher, are you certain of the 2017 unveil?
Sounds premature to unveil them before the 2016s barely hit the lots.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Curious as well!!! I've been watching and trying to find out any more info on these as I'm looking to upgrade my Super Duty.

It does sound early for a release of the 2017 later this month but it could just be a release at one of the auto shows and we still won't see one on a lot for several months????? The 2016's have been on the lots for a few months now and have been available to order since around the end of May or so. I would expect with a big change, the 2017's will be available much earlier then expected and the 2016 model year will be a short year with discounts as these 17's come available.

Sounds like the 17's will have the aluminum alloy body panels, which means a price jump...:eek:hwell: I have also heard (rumor) that the new Super Duty will just share a cab with the 150's and have a different front end, but again who knows?

The main thing I am curious about is what they will offer for a gas motor. I currently have the V10 and have had great luck with it, so I'm not in a huge hurry to jump into a 6.2. I'm really hoping for a new ecoboost V8, like a 5.0 with a twin turbo!!! I read an article a while back and appartently Ford has patented / trademarked the name "ecobeast", so one could only hope!!!!

A diesel would be great but for the added expense, I'm not sure if it's worth it, at least for me.

At any rate, I am anxiously awaiting to see what they come out with!!!

Premium Features