• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

where to turn down oil injection on M7

W
Sep 8, 2015
Id like it at 50 to 1 if everyone here agrees. I wanna lean out the fuel too. Where do I turn down the oil at? If it's complicated a pic would be nice. Could my cat dealer re map my ecu to 06 specs? Suppose I should call them. Would it even be worth the hassel?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Oil pump control rod. Between your two throttle bodies and goes down to the oil pump. You will see it if you manipulate the throttle it will go up and down.

No, the dealer can't remap the ECU.

You should not call.

It is not worth the hassel....hof.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Id like it at 50 to 1 if everyone here agrees. I wanna lean out the fuel too. Where do I turn down the oil at? If it's complicated a pic would be nice. Could my cat dealer re map my ecu to 06 specs? Suppose I should call them. Would it even be worth the hassel?

pressure regulator for the fuel problem (set at about 40-42 psi) and you can take off the belly pan and the little arm between the oil pump and the t bodies will reduce the oil. one turn longer on the linkage is about 8 to 1 reduction. IMO i would stick to about 40 to 1 and most came about 25 to 1. And this motor is built for 87 OCT so do not run 91 in it as it will give you a bit of low end fits. leave the stock intake and exhaust too

W
Sep 8, 2015
ok so its not worth remapping. good. how much in parts would it cost me for the fuel pressure mod? Am i fixing something thats not broke by trying to turn down the oil too?...lol. anyone have first hand experience. if the only benefit is cleaner powervalves then i will just leave it be.

Last edited:

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
ok so its not worth remapping. good. how much in parts would it cost me for the fuel pressure mod? Am i fixing something thats not broke by trying to turn down the oil too?...lol. anyone have first hand experience. if the only benefit is cleaner powervalves then i will just leave it be.

you will have a cleaner throttle all the way and the power valves are a non issue. the pressure reg will run you about 150. take .010 off the heads and run 91 oct.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Turned down the oil pump on my 05 when it was new and it's still going strong. Reduced the fuel pressure as well with a higher comp head and single pipe setup. Runs pretty well for a 700.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Ended up at two turns from stock. Mine was brand new at the time so I know it hadn't been messed with previously. If you are not the original owner you might want to calculate how much you are using before messing with it so you don't accidentally run it too low.

You can pop the top part of the rod off of the ball on the throttle body and turn it from the top side without taking anything apart.

MI1M600EFI

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2008
Mancos, CO
I'll second 40:1 as the ideal if you're keeping oil injection. Now that I know how the injection pump works, it's definitely not linear, so it's lean at times and rich at other times... Keeping the lean times from being too lean is pretty important.

My M8 is an oil piggy at about 25:1. I'm making half turn adjustments to the rod between fills to get it closer to 40:1.

My '04 600 was ~40:1 from the factory and ran great, but melted a hole in one piston under warranty. Dealer rebuilt it and set the oil to 30:1. He said it was probably a slug of bad gas or water, but extra oil would help... I figured oil was cheaper than another rebuild and left it alone for the next 4000 miles, but had to clean the power valves a lot... :)

Premium Features