• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comparison: Zbroz vs Holz A Arms 2012 Pro

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
I have the old style on my 12 Assault, I smoked a big rock out in Cooke that threw me off the sled but the Arms still looked perfect.
resized_2011102717730332_1554.jpg

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
Another failed Zbroz A-arm

Just checked mine, sure enough one of my "new style" arms is tweaked in the exact same spot as everyone else. I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow, hopefully they have replacements in stock to send out:face-icon-small-fro

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Actually alternative impact makes the arms for cmx and they are the same geometry as the stockers. The spindles are what's different and there's 6.5 pounds saving in the arms. Thats the info I got from Dan at alt impact.
Must have misunderstood. I do build them, but they do in fact have different geometry. The "spindle angle" is changed as well as some other aspects of the spindle, that Mark would be better at explaining. Sorry if that was a miscommunication on my part. Just happen upon this thread. Thanks!
Dan

D

Dmill

Sep 14, 2009
great falls / snow slip inn
so i have a question about chromoly, had a very nice little event this weekend after going off of a good sized jump with my 2nd zbroz arms, snapped right off at the welds and destroyed all kinds of stuff, including me losing my go pro.. pretty f'n awesome if i dont say myself, before i bash zbroz, i know they are trying to make it right but everyone in my group aggreed that they should not do that, ill get pictures up later today..

ended up messing up my evol x shock, bent the living piss out of my steering arm, ended up bending the upper a-arm towing it home, bumper is now toast from towing off it instead of the skis cuz the arm was completely gone, and on top of that lost my go pro..

pretty excited that they are pry not going to cover any of this, i was pleased that they are fixing the bending at the spindle, but i have hit that jump piles of times with stock arms, and on many different sleds and that never happened..
right as i landed heard a huge snap and that was it, the snow was super heavy and wet but still i dont see how that could do that
pics to come later today

H
Dec 12, 2009
Just sit tight and wait for the class action suit, then you can cover your losses suffered as the result of a poorly designed product.

D

Dmill

Sep 14, 2009
great falls / snow slip inn
Does this seem right to you

not only could i have been super seriously hurt and am lucky i wasnt at 45+ mph, talked to my good buddy at the welding shop on base who clarified to me that for surely that is a failed weld. now im unemployed, out all the money i spent on the arms, my tie rod, evol x shock, and lost my damn go pro!! someone needs to make this right, what should i do? my freakin season is ruined, i cant even afford to replace the arms.

0126121139.jpg

0126121139a.jpg

0126121140.jpg

D
Feb 28, 2011
BC, Canada
WOW! I'm definitely sticking with the factory arms. I don't care if they are "heavy" or "weak" or whatever they are supposed to be. I've already hit multiple things under the snow and a tree and they still look brand new.

Do you still have your stock shocks Dmill? Here's a guy doing a complete Pro part out. 60 bucks a piece for the stockers if you need them. Seems like a steal, I think they are like 250+ each at the dealer. http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297990 They are probably ready to be rebuilt, but hey, it might get you through the season.
He also has a arms for sale. Although they don't seem like such a good price.

P
Dec 5, 2009
Hood
Does anyone know if Zbroz has gone back to their original design or are they just beefed up more on the new design? I'd get the Holz but I don't like the idea of adding more width.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Does anyone know if Zbroz has gone back to their original design or are they just beefed up more on the new design? I'd get the Holz but I don't like the idea of adding more width.

I wasn't convinced that the beefed up design was the answer, but I just finished a week long trip and I hit all kinds of stuff and they held up great. IMO, if you bend one now, you definitely deserved it.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I'd say it depends what you are trying to accomplish.

Lose weight?
Lowest priced replacement arm?
Narrowest?
Strongest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I'd say it depends what you are trying to accomplish.

Lose weight?
Lowest priced replacement arm?
Narrowest?
Strongest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strongest without buying all the other goodies.

Seen 2012 pro take offs whole set for $400

A person is offering some 05 / 06 IQR a - arms but not sure what they are worth ... plus maybe weaker than stock because old design?

Think I will see what a used set of 2010 arms go for.

Last edited:
F

flyboy103

Nov 27, 2007
Anything new on updates to the zbroz arms? I was just about to order a set for my assault and figured I better do a little snowest research first. Glad I did.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
They are all fixed now. They had a problem with a material supplier and it caused some failures last year. They have fixed every arm out there and ensured this years are ready to roll.

F

flyboy103

Nov 27, 2007
Thanks BR. Maybe you can help me with something else. What arms to go with on a 11 assault? Was thinking of going with a 39" set but was wondering if I'll run into tie rod/shock length issues if I do?

Thanks

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
630 miles on my '12 and about 500 miles on my '11 with no issues. I just installed the new 36" front end, can't wait to get them on the snow.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
630 miles on my '12 and about 500 miles on my '11 with no issues. I just installed the new 36" front end, can't wait to get them on the snow.

What width did you come from?

Any change out for linkage?

Stock shocks 17 CTC?

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
As long as this thread is still kickin'...

How about one of you with the updated Zbroz A Arms in your possesion post the weight of the current 38.5" A arm kit and the new 2013 36" kit.

It would be great to update this thread for an accurate comparison with the 2012 HOLZ kit which to the best of my knowledge has remained unchanged in both weight and width from the 2012 ZBROZ set in my original post.

Last edited:
Premium Features