• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage ELEVATE kit - interesting!!!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
I gotta admit, it would be pretty cool to be able to say "Hey bro, check out the lift kit on my snowmobile"

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Anyone else consideiong this?

I am on the fence, going to have to make a decision on whether to give this a shot or wait until Cat releases the Alpha skid and track combo to upgrade my 18 ER to an Alpha.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Anyone else consideiong this?

I am on the fence, going to have to make a decision on whether to give this a shot or wait until Cat releases the Alpha skid and track combo to upgrade my 18 ER to an Alpha.

I am definitely considering it. The nice thing about neither the Alpha kit or this kit being available til after the snow flys means I should get a chance to ride an Alpha and hopefully even find one of these kits to throw a leg over before I have to make a decision. Be interested to see what IceAge comes up with for the Alpha as well. Might be a best of both worlds option coming. We will see.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Interested, will this work on pre ascender sleds with a drop and roll kit? As the chassis is the same, ie 2014 proclimb??

Requires 2016+ spindle geometry. There is also a billet upper a-arm in their pictures so may require 36" a-arms if that is part of the kit tool (throws out us guys running 38" stance). Also might need to have the rear skid upgraded. Being that they have changed the shock angle in the front of the skid I'm guessing the older, shorter shock is not compatible.

Those are the things I would bring up questions about. I'm curious as well. Might be worth sending my Kmod skid down the road and picking up a newer takeoff skid to cannibalize.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Interested, will this work on pre ascender sleds with a drop and roll kit? As the chassis is the same, ie 2014 proclimb??

It will work with any proclimb/ascender/viper/sidewinder with the 36" front end and the drop and roll chaincase.

Requires 2016+ spindle geometry. There is also a billet upper a-arm in their pictures so may require 36" a-arms if that is part of the kit tool (throws out us guys running 38" stance). Also might need to have the rear skid upgraded. Being that they have changed the shock angle in the front of the skid I'm guessing the older, shorter shock is not compatible.

The billet upper a-arm is a separate product which we will be launching soon. It can be run on the stock front end or in conjunction with our Elevate package. It modifies spindle angle for lighter steering. The combo of the arm/elevate changes the cat into a WHOLE new beast.

We got out in some awesome early season snow in Cooke this weekend finalizing deep snow shock setup recommendations for the kits. This setup makes the cat a whole new beast compared to a stocker. Gone are the days of the tank like cat feeling. We are SO excited to get these kits out in customers hands.

For those who haven't heard, this first run we are working on is not massive, so if you want to get your name on a set, we recommend giving us a call and getting on our call back list. Interest is high so don't miss out.:face-icon-small-coo

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
Has anyone minus Iceage employees and/or sponsored/brand ambassadors rode this setup yet? I'd like to hear some unbiased ride experiences of it. Looks intriguing, but the price is hard to swallow on a set of spindles and rails....

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
A Cat with light steering is the 5th sign of the apocalypse. Be careful those are powerful forces you are messing with.

Castforcash

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2016
It will work with any proclimb/ascender/viper/sidewinder with the 36" front end and the drop and roll chaincase.

The billet upper a-arm is a separate product which we will be launching soon. It can be run on the stock front end or in conjunction with our Elevate package. It modifies spindle angle for lighter steering. The combo of the arm/elevate changes the cat into a WHOLE new beast.

We got out in some awesome early season snow in Cooke this weekend finalizing deep snow shock setup recommendations for the kits. This setup makes the cat a whole new beast compared to a stocker. Gone are the days of the tank like cat feeling. We are SO excited to get these kits out in customers hands.

For those who haven't heard, this first run we are working on is not massive, so if you want to get your name on a set, we recommend giving us a call and getting on our call back list. Interest is high so don't miss out.:face-icon-small-coo

Will this kit work on a 15 with a Barcode front end?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Has anyone minus Iceage employees and/or sponsored/brand ambassadors rode this setup yet? I'd like to hear some unbiased ride experiences of it. Looks intriguing, but the price is hard to swallow on a set of spindles and rails....

It's the real deal. Rode one this week. It is very "Alpha" like on the handling end of things. The Alpha track is hard to beat, but this Elevate kit is the best two rail sled I have ridden. If we could get the Alpha style track in a twin rail version.......it would be a better setup.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
It's the real deal. Rode one this week. It is very "Alpha" like on the handling end of things. The Alpha track is hard to beat, but this Elevate kit is the best two rail sled I have ridden. If we could get the Alpha style track in a twin rail version.......it would be a better setup.

So since you have experience with it, the alpha, and a stock sled, how does this do in the trenching department? With raising the front end more than the rear, and comparing the pictures it to me looks like it changes the attack angle of the track, wouldn’t that cause this to squat the rear end more when traversing a steep side hill or turning up into a climb? I love how this chassis handles stock, but have always wanted more ground clearance under the belly pan. I feel this does that, but want to hear some true pros and cons to it, not a sales pitch (no offense ice age, you guys make amazing products, but we all know there’s several out there wondering the same things)

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
interested in more reviews too. The ONLY thing I see needs improvement in Cats handling department is descents. And maybe the alpha has improved this but, just coming straight down hills in powder, the machine likes to dive one way or the other. even with wider skis. have to stay on your game when there's trees around. Alpha rail is probably the solution? or this kit...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
interested in more reviews too. The ONLY thing I see needs improvement in Cats handling department is descents. And maybe the alpha has improved this but, just coming straight down hills in powder, the machine likes to dive one way or the other. even with wider skis. have to stay on your game when there's trees around. Alpha rail is probably the solution? or this kit...
If ur lazy, Alpha's are worse down hill.
Fall right over.... look like an idiot real quick.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
If ur lazy, Alpha's are worse down hill.
Fall right over.... look like an idiot real quick.

must be the front digging in. maybe this kit makes it better. doo's best handling characteristic imo is down hill in deep snow. they can lean one way or the other and sled follows. cat catches a soft side and stays in it until I damn near have to stop and yank it back the other way. must be the skis and steeper track angle being closer together on the doo, I wouldn't make that tradeoff but its a bonus for them. wetter heavier snow I guess is where I notice it most.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho

I have found that front shock setup and or ski setup is a factor in diving. This kit and the Alpha skid both make the sled more "divey" in my opinion. Twin rail Arctic Cat mountain sleds will be a thing of the past soon.........then they will be the hot new innovation....just guessing.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I guess I didn't notice my alpha being divey. My buddy thought his axys was diving but didn't notice it on the alpha when he rode it. I did have it stuck the front end in on on sidehill. Kind of like the xm's used to do but that thing has so much traction that it just goes.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
U can tune a lot of that out.
Just set up the suspension like a Polaris or cats hill climb settings.
But then u ruin the rest of the great characteristics the Cat has over the Polaris.

Premium Features