• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sneak peek.. LED Light bar for sleds.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
So, I started reading this thread thinking that light bar was silly and now have interest in alternative lighting. I'd light to remove my Pro headlight and still have an alternative light source.

How would you compare the light bar to the helmet light? I checked out your site and I think I want a helmet light that can be stored away until needed. So it would have to power off of my 2-stroke sled. Are there lights that can be powered off of the sled and also from a battery source (maybe for other uses)?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
That's how he rigged my HID helmet light. I have never used the sled power option yet though. BTW, that light is brighter than the core of the sun. You don't want to use it for close up work like working on your sled. The reflection is REALLY bright. I have a low power LED head lamp for everything else but riding. And a flashlight. Up in the woods at night it is literally pitch black and you won't have any night vision because his light is really bright. When I turn it off I almost get vertigo it's so hard to see so I have a light handy all the time.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Matte - I'm confused, you said that's how he rigged your light but you haven't used your sled power. So do you use the battery source? I was just afraid it would be too bulky.

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
So, I started reading this thread thinking that light bar was silly and now have interest in alternative lighting. I'd light to remove my Pro headlight and still have an alternative light source.

How would you compare the light bar to the helmet light? I checked out your site and I think I want a helmet light that can be stored away until needed. So it would have to power off of my 2-stroke sled. Are there lights that can be powered off of the sled and also from a battery source (maybe for other uses)?

There is a reason most night time off road racers use the Cyclops Solstice helmet mounted light.
When you can "SEE Where You Look" its much like daytime riding, Jump,Climb, boondock, etc. and no stopping to wipe the snow off of your headlight.

one try and you will wonder WTH have I been doing all these years. Guarantied.

Once you try good lights you'll never go back to stock,double that for a helmet mounted light.
Night riding is a blast,most always better snow conditions,less traffic and usually you can see better.
We do have lights that will run from the battery and the sled or like you mention both.
Hids and LED's will require DC power, Its best to have a battery on the HID to prevent flickering when in reverse,but that is not always necessary.
Most modern sleds have a dc power port.
here is a link to our helmet mounted light page.
http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/?page=categories&id=2
Feel free to ask any questions

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Yes. The battery is small and light. Just sits in your pack with a cord to the light. The cord is flexible so it's not pulling on your helmet. off road rider can you post a pic of your whole set up on a helmet with the battery attached?

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
This is the Solstice HID. The photo does not show the cord detail.
The retract option comes with a female harness that is hooked to DC power on the sled, it features a quick disconnect plug that allows you to run from the battery packs or the sleds power.

Solstice-HID-with-helmet_1.jpg

http://youtu.be/6BMET9UBNU0

Premium Features