• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snow suits

P

predatorr03

Jul 24, 2009
Val-Des-Monts,Qc,Canada
what kind of suit hawk riders like,brand?model?heavy?light?opened helmets?boots?i would like to know so i dont by anything too hot or too cold,and also what about heated grips?good or bad. any input would be appreciated,once again,thanks to everybody,i love this forum.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Bucket list!

Scratch the Birthday suit, tooooooo cold, mines on the 29th of this month.:)

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&prev=/images?q=naked+snowmobiler&gbv=2&hl=en

default.jpg

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
beet you to it addict...

mine WAS the 26th!

heated grips are a must! i use the stick on type found at any motorcycle sled shop. 1 on the right side and 2 on the left side, the aluminum bars are like a heat sink and rob all the heat from your hands. as for gear depends on the weather...i wear a mx style helmet with googles but can be chilly on the really cold days!

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
I'd suggest snowboarding boots over the other ones because they're stiff. That's what I,ve been riding since day one. We've got different needs than sledders, we ride on footpegs, they ride on barber chair footrests so their boots can be softer.

The rest of the stuff we use/I'd suggest is standard snowmobiling gears.

B
Jan 12, 2008
hamburg,ny
boots

snowboard boots for sure! you need something stiff! ever ride moto in sneakers? just dont work... ridin a hawk requires the ocassional "dab" and regular snow boots wont save your ankles. knee braces are nice too, i waer POD by fox racing. also have a set of webs too. damn i wanna ride now!

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
fox boots!

Brian and I both ran fox comp 5 offroad boots last year. good pair of wool socks and treat with waterproof spray every three rides and feet stay nice and dry! Make sure to get the offroad model with the vibram soles. i am under the belief that moto style boots are a must, you would never catch me on a dirt bike with snowboard boots! Can't beat the ankle support.

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
snowboard boots for sure! you need something stiff! ever ride moto in sneakers? just dont work... ridin a hawk requires the ocassional "dab" and regular snow boots wont save your ankles. knee braces are nice too, i waer POD by fox racing. also have a set of webs too. damn i wanna ride now!

How do you compare the two knee braces, is the POD any better than the WEB? I have to say the purchase of the EVS Web was one of the best investments I have made, next to the Snowhawk of course.

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
I am a big baby when it comes to cold

So I don't ride a Hawk but I play with them :) Anyhow I use my motorcycle gear, I wear First Gear amazing, never gotten wet, never been cold, never been to warm, always just right.
The vents work well in warmer weather and the liners work well when Tony is roosting snow on me and I could get really wet and cold. So look into that stuff because it's been a great double duty setup for me.
Come summer when I am racing down the road on the scooter (yes I drove it from Seattle to Lake Chelan in the heat) I just opened the vents and wore a tshirt and it was perfect. In the winter I wear a sweatshirt under it and its perfect.

Tammy

T

TLKDPROD

Jan 25, 2008
Salmon Arm, BC
guys using the motocross boots. dont your toes get cold? what temp are they ok till?

All these guys must live close to the coast (where they've never seen colder than -10 degrees C all their life) plus they're all more towards the south than we, Canadians, are ! Except for the Alaska boys !

Let me say this according to my personnal experience : there is just no way you're gonna ride MX boots for one full day of trail or "backcountry" riding in Quebec or Ontario when it's below -15C and not be feet cold ! I tried it many times when I was riding my 125 on a frozen lake. Couldn't do it for more than 2 hours straight even on warmer days, my toes were just about to fall off, no matter what type of Hi-tech sox I put on. With my Burton snowboard boots, I take them off after a day of riding, the layer is completely soaked and steam comes out of them !

Premium Features