SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - Y pipe 800cc C-Tec2
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 03:18 PM
Currently: Not set.
BD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond reputeBD-Xtreme has a reputation beyond repute
Default SSI Y pipe ctec 8000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibblerson View Post
Hello!

Iīm thinking of changing out my Y pipe for an aftermarket one and have some questions.

Is it true that the stock Y pipe manifold is 2mm smaller than the outlet of the cylinder? if so does anyone knows why?

Is it true that you donīt need a power commander if you only change the Y pipe?

Does only changing the Y pipe makes a difference? I do understand that changing the whole exhaust system is going to make a lot more. I live in Sweden and during the last couple of years a lot of complains have been made due to the increase in sound level (for most part) an aftermarket exhaust makes. so I want the look and sound as close to stock as possible

Feel free to post your thoughts, pros and cons on different Y pipe brands and so on
Yes, the stock manifold is 48mm i.d. and the stock outlet on the cylinder is 50mm.
I don't know what other companies results are or aren't, but we picked up a pile of power in the mid range 8-9, and a solid 4-5 lb/ft of torque. And 5 more peak hp. We recommend adding more weight to the clutch with our Y pipe to harness the extra power.
Attached Images

www.SPEEDSHOPINC.com

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BD-Xtreme For This Useful Post:
Jibblerson (10-17-2018), Old & slow (09-15-2018)