• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BEST mod for the ol 1M

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
rules are, everyone gets to say one mod per post....my goal is to improve on the 1M and not get into the whole tuning aspect. IE chassis mod, suspension mod, tips tricks, big bores, and what have you.

I will start out by sayin the front mount steering post is THE BEST thing i have done yet for my king cat.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Powerclaw !!!!!!
Of course that is subject to the type of snow you ride. Me being in utah I ride 99% in DEEP light fluffy powder! The claw is ridicules good.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
i will concur with the claw ;) lets see what a 153 PC can do with a big bore :D :beer;

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
m8/1000 recoil conversion

box of Wheaties= a lot cheaper.
bb with twins and big air needs MORE AIR!
loose the airbox.
I like the parabolic ski's with the woodies doolies carbids priceless!

and the usual list
snow eliminators
higher seat.
twins.

I don't follow directions to well but don't feel i need to list all the $$$ i have stuffed into this O'ld tank cuz i think you know;)

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I completle agree with the forward mount post, it is by far the best mod, nothing even comes close it you do anything more then just open bowls.

The second best mod ive done is a Vanabruge tunnel with a drop and roll and an extra inch of clearance. It was a heck of a lot of work but the sled would side hill easier, no frozen snow on the running boards and as a bounse it would absoultly demo a comparable sled with the sock tunnel, also looked wicked.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I've got twenty, but if only one.............

Converting the recoil to the new 800 or 1000 style. That old recoil shouldn't be on anything over a 440. No more stretch in the rope, no more broken ropes, And now I can pull over the engine with high comp. heads. The sled will get arround with out other mods., but if you can't start it, it matters little.

Owen

Premium Features