• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 stock exhaust heat shield

TWARD700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Seattle WA
Has any one removed the heat shield and ceramic coated the pipe? My heat shield rattles making lots of noise. Wondering if it will cause more under hood heat or decrease it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Aug 8, 2011
Ya it’s just tough to beat a heat shield wiTh an insulation layer under it. I used to header wrap the pipes and that worked well but it’s ugly.

venom1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ft mac,alberta
100% gonna be more under hood heat. The issue that I c is with the front exhaust support bracket. The exhaust bracket is a part of the heat shield. So either run without it or get a new one fabed up.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
If you went a true ceramic like swain coating, it’s about the same as the stock heat shield. my 850 has the slp pipe / diamond s can with there ceramic coating I only installed extra heat tape on the front nose pan. So far no melting has happened yet.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Probably no different then the slp coating.

I
Dec 21, 2016
If you went a true ceramic like swain coating, it’s about the same as the stock heat shield. my 850 has the slp pipe / diamond s can with there ceramic coating I only installed extra heat tape on the front nose pan. So far no melting has happened yet.

Exactly!

Every other ceramic coating will appear purely decorative after having had components coated with SwainTech’s White Lightning. It’s very thick in comparison, and almost abrasive to the touch due to the way it’s deposited.

Premium Features