• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DREAM TRAILER: 2019 Mirage project trailer

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
The generator could be mounted just above the propane tanks on the front exterior of the trailer in a lockable enclosure. We enclosed our propane tanks on the front for aesthetics. Also, Mirage installed a second man opposite of the other allowing access from either side. This was my wife's idea as she wanted to access the trailer from passenger side of truck. Turned out to be a great idea and very convenient to get in on either side, I use both man doors a lot too.
We installed a much larger second battery (same as the batteries in the earthroamer - $750) and have an a-b switch, never had to switch to the original battery. Left the heater on after returning from a trip, forgot it and was still running 3 days later...over 72 hours. Couldn't get 3 hours out of the stock battery:(:(
We also installed some 110 outlets and led lights and an inverter. With the big battery we can invert to 110 and charge radios or whatever.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
fake news
Significantly delayed news, but not Fake..

I will have a nice long story for everyone just as soon as the trailer is in my hands. For now I am with-holding comment pending on the trailer coming out of the Options line and being delivered to me.

This is the last note I got from Mirage last week.
[FONT=&quot]Your trailer has gone through the line already it’s been put in the options schedule to get the interior options completed. [/FONT]

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Significantly delayed news, but not Fake..

I will have a nice long story for everyone just as soon as the trailer is in my hands. For now I am with-holding comment pending on the trailer coming out of the Options line and being delivered to me.

This is the last note I got from Mirage last week.
[FONT=&quot]Your trailer has gone through the line already it’s been put in the options schedule to get the interior options completed. [/FONT]

Sounds like the polaris 850 snow check sleds that cant seem to get delivered. Maybe you will have it for next winter.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
And look what showed up in my in box this morning.!
Looks like my long awaited trailer was getting built after all.
From these photos and his comments the structure of the trailer is DONE and its now in the cabinet shop getting all the interior goodies bolted into place.!

picture.php

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Mirage was on the top of my list...but not so sure anymore. Wonder why everything is taking so long?!

Finally found out what was going on.

1st off.
Always remember that this is NOT a normal retail ordered trailer.
its a project trailer that doesn't take precedence over any retail trailer..
So I am always the LOW man on the totem pole..

But.
The salesman that I was assigned to work with over the summer in laying this trailer out got transferred within the company and passed my order along to his replacement who apparently just plain missed the order and didn't get it turned into production. When i finally got hold of the original guy in his new positon, he took ownership of the project once again and got it started ASAP.

He just sent me these photos to let me know it really is being built and will be out the door in short order.!

Should be more photos coming in a week showing the inside being trimmed out with all the goodies that make the mirage trailers so much fun to use by sledders.

Sledhed2012

Lifetime Membership
Sep 5, 2016
River Falls,WI
Thats AWESOME!! I cant wait to see the finished product. They sure finished it up quick once they got it into the line. I bet your excited! Makes me second guess my second guess from before..lol.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Agreed
Once they got me into production they got it built in just a few weeks.

Will probably drive down to Nampa on Monday and pick it up.

Right now I am down in Lake Havasu Arizona. Will drive back to Idaho on thursday.

Premium Features