• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Legend Oil or alternative Mineral Oil

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Great oil with no Problems. If your in Western Canada call Chris at Parkland. Good price and quick delivery

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
Well, you guys can mail order all the oil you want. Good luck.

KTM 300 power valve clean and after running Legend. You could use the black stuff as an adhesive.

File Dec 10, 9 09 29 AM.jpg File Dec 10, 9 08 49 AM.jpg

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013

KTM 300 power valve clean and after running Legend. You could use the black stuff as an adhesive.
I had a similar issue a few years ago. Ran Redline in my Turbo Pro with no problems. I figured lets use it my bike (KTM 300) not long after the power valve started sticking. Tech took it apart and said it was a mess. I had always ran Maxima in my bikes and never had a problem. Went back to Maxima and haven't had a problem since. I figured at the time maybe just coincedence. Needless to say I have a couple of gallons of Redline under the bench never to be used again.
After 2 years and a couple thousand miles on my T-Pro using Legends I had the top end done. Tech said powervalves are clean. In saying that still running Maxima in My bikes. Just my 2 bits. Maybe what works good for one use, is not so good for another.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Assuming that only Legend oil had been used in between power valve cleaning intervals if it were me I'd be contacting them directly to see what they have to say about that.

I would imagine they would want feedback of this type so they can address any shortcomings of their product. That is assuming there is not an issue with the machine itself. Either way, I'd want to get to the bottom of it.

What oil are you using now?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho

I find this hard to believe. Legend is the cleanest burning oil i have ever used. There has to be another explanation for the gummed up engine.

I remember years ago i had a '08 stock Dragon that was I running Redline oil in. I thought it would have a little extra power if i ran some race gas in it. So i put in about 2 gal of 110 per tank (sometimes a little more) After about 300 miles it developed some runability issues. Took it to the dealer and they cleaned the power valves and changed plugs. Ran perfect after that. I could have easily blamed Redline oil for this issue, but it was determined that the race gas - being high octane - had a cooler combustion temp that led to my power valves gumming up. The engine needed the higher combustion temps to keep the valves clean. Once i ran the right gas in it, the power valves never had a problem. Still ran Redline in it too.

Lessons . . . .
#1 Redline wasn't the problem.
#2 Dont run higher octane gas than the engine was designed for.

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary

WOW that's crazy, I too run legend in my 2011 ktm 300xc and have never had this happen to my power valves thankfully nor did that happen on my last 09 km 300xcw and I ran legend in it for yrs as well.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Premium Features