• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The 2020 Ski-Doo Reveal

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
After 11 SkiDoos I recently purchased an Axys.
While it doesn't contribute to performance, I LOVE having the PIDD!
Simply not comparable to running my Garmin on a ram mount. (which is for sale!)

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
Skidoo just copyit from LYNX.. From Finland...
8cd703b60f34c5611a6b5711f80a0d5d.jpg

Lähetetty minun K10000 Pro laitteesta Tapatalkilla

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
How come it looks like the lugs on the pic right before the yellow summit are folded over?

That Summit looks like a trade in. For a corporate displayed sled it sure looks a bit rough, scratches and pitting on the plastic, arms, and spindles. Maybe BRP should be a little more PO at the display crew for putting what looks like used iron, instead of whining about the sled press giving their customers what they wanted... a sneak peek of the 2020's
On another note, what's up with mixing Black, orange, and TAN ? Almost like they throw darts at a color board anymore to determine color schemes...ugh :face-icon-small-sho

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
That Summit looks like a trade in. For a corporate displayed sled it sure looks a bit rough, scratches and pitting on the plastic, arms, and spindles.

Many of the parts are likely hand made one offs and these sleds could very well have some testing time on them.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, Norona said there were 15 changes to the new 2020 Summit in his live cast last night.

has anyone seen the list of all 15 Items that were changed or Updated??

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
The new expert package machine going to keep cool on trails? Takes a little time to get to the deep stuff and that would concern me a bit.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Scratchers DOWN at all times?

I’ve never had my scratchers up...
As far as overheating with no flap,
I run 3 bars with flap 4 bars without
Whatever temp that ends up being..
1000 miles hifax look new
This is on my 17 btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR

That's good to know. I cut my flap to the first "line" and have gone halfway on heat bars on the trail without scratchers. With I would be around 2-3 bars. Norona said scratchers at all times in his video. I assume the flap is still doing something with scratchers down but I like PaulAnd's data.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I can say I am not impressed at all, I will be taking a big look at poo when they have their release.i have been on a summit since 2000

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I can say I am not impressed at all, I will be taking a big look at poo when they have their release.i have been on a summit since 2000

Garunteed poo is going to offer bng and a hand job aftrt just releasing the 850 last year. Don’t think they are going to have anything exciting.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
This is on my 17 btw

I had my wife's 17 and my 18 overheat in icy conditions and I am really good about going off trail. Scratchers weren't cutting it and nothing to sink into off trail. My 18 was my dealers demo and he cut the flap and it was noticeable compared to the 17. I had to shut the sleds down, which I hate doing because they just get hotter. Had to get shovel out to chip some snow to throw on tunnel. It had rained on snowpack down low and got cold. Not always the perfect scenario they show pictures of. Guaranteed, the no flap would have been a bigger nightmare. I've also had sleds heating up, with scratchers down, and looked back and flap was kinked straight out from deep snow. Stopped and straightened it and it cooled down instantly. That right there says the flap is a big deal.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Garunteed poo is going to offer bng and a hand job aftrt just releasing the 850 last year. Don’t think they are going to have anything exciting.

They really don’t need nothing new, and exciting. They just need to get the bugs out of what they got.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I had my wife's 17 and my 18 overheat in icy conditions and I am really good about going off trail. Scratchers weren't cutting it and nothing to sink into off trail. My 18 was my dealers demo and he cut the flap and it was noticeable compared to the 17. I had to shut the sleds down, which I hate doing because they just get hotter. Had to get shovel out to chip some snow to throw on tunnel. It had rained on snowpack down low and got cold. Not always the perfect scenario they show pictures of. Guaranteed, the no flap would have been a bigger nightmare. I've also had sleds heating up, with scratchers down, and looked back and flap was kinked straight out from deep snow. Stopped and straightened it and it cooled down instantly. That right there says the flap is a big deal.

Yeah, gutsy call from BRP to essentially drop the flap, however, I'm thinking the engine warranty claims will be going way up next winter. The other problem I see is nothing to grab and lift on back there. Even the "experts" get stuck every now and then :face-icon-small-sho

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Ive ran with my snow flap completely off of my 17 165 for 2 seasons now. Its never over heated once... not too worried about this. IMO the shorter tunnel is a bigger advantage than most people are thinking it will be.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Premium Features