• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RIP Animal....for those who still remember

E

EricW

Nov 26, 2007
NE Washington
Wasn't lucky enough to know him, but I sure know about him through all of you. A man among men from where I sit.

In just a few short years "Animal" has transitioned from the life and memories of one to an entire way of living and looking at the better things in life for many. I would be humbled to leave a legacy like that.

Gone but certainly not forgotten. Thinking of him and all of you. Take good care. EW

Summit8

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2001
Fairview, MT
Yes, been awhile, didn't know Dave but enjoyed reading his posts about the rides he and his friends went riding on.
Here's to good memories we all have of friends gone.:wine:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Piggy mittens?

I love that every year I get heart felt texts from my "Animal Friends". It always hits the heart, makes those stupid tear ducts act up... but it is becoming a welcome thing as it comes from love too. That was incredible day that has lasted years in many of our lives....

Dave had many fabulous attributes, but his "all is welcome" attitude is something I strive to keep alive in my life. Dave made everyone so welcome..

Grown men felt comfy in the kitchen..

kimrussinkitchen.jpg

and curled up in pink blankies...
tiredcrew.jpg

R

R_8_N

Nov 28, 2007
Wasn't lucky enough to know him, but I sure know about him through all of you. A man among men from where I sit.

In just a few short years "Animal" has transitioned from the life and memories of one to an entire way of living and looking at the better things in life for many. I would be humbled to leave a legacy like that.

Gone but certainly not forgotten. Thinking of him and all of you. Take good care. EW

Well said. I still remember the forum from when this happened. I then realized that through all of you we were all tied together alot closer than just some people riding in different areas. I see a Animal avatar on other forums and always remember even though I never knew Dave.

RIP

M

MPS

I was supposed to be there the weekend Dave died. You invited me down Sunridge and I remember having something come up and I couldn't make it. I am kind of jealous of the people that were there. Not for the haunting memories...but there seems to be a really tight bond between the people that were there...I would even say a spiritual bond. It only proves to me what a special man Dave was...that he could create a spiritual bond like that from the other side....damn cool...gives me goosebumps as I type.

Last edited:

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
I was supposed to be there the weekend Dave died. You invited me down Sunridge and I remember having something come up and I couldn't make it. I am kind of jealous of the people that were there. Not for the haunting memories...but there seems to be a really tight bond between the people that were there...I would even say a spiritual bond. It only proves to me what a special man Dave was...that he could create a spiritual bond like that from the other side....damn cool...gives me goosebumps as I type.

I agree that this is the case Chad. However, the greatest lesson I have tried to take from Dave is to try to be a friend to everyone. I am surely not perfect at it, but many of the strongest friendships I have developed in my life have come as a result of my closeness to this tragedy. He was a man who loved big!

SnowXTC

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Montana
I cannot believe it has been 7 years. This thread sure brought back a lot of memories and the watery eyes. I still miss his awesome spelling. It used to bug the heck out of me, but I miss it; along with the conversations and the laughs.

SS thanks for keeping this legend alive. May Dave continue to touch our hearts and keep us safe.

RIP Animal

P

priest lake rmk

Sep 9, 2001
Spokane WA
sunridge

keep your chin up.

During that same basic time frame, i lost a buddy also.
We went by the avy spot on saturday. I had to say a little prayer for walt and dave.

tim

I was going to post about Walt also Tim. That was a bad year for sure. Dave seemed like an amazing guy. I hope his family is doing well. Tim can you post that epic pic of Walt? After being involved in a body recovery 2 years ago, I pretty much gave up the love of my life, snowmobiling.

Premium Features