• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My new ride

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
You fellas out west get some wicked snow to ride. out here in NH we are lucky to see 2 ft of powder..
The vids look good Kev, so happy you are enjoying the package. One of these days I will get out there in winter and hang out for a week.
Kevin and his suspension products are top shelf. he whipped me up a 48'' front arm for my 163 snow dragg king kat chassis, did it all from a single drawing on a napkin. !!
bolted in dead on and is ready for some racing .

Now turn that kitty up ! I know you want too, just do it Holmes :jaw:

Gus

Will do Gus, I'm really close on the fueling so I can get comfortable cranking it up.

By the way guys Gus Bohne helped me immensely on this project and couldn't have got it even close without his help. He has forgotten more about 2 stroke turbos than I ever hope to learn. Now what to do next year.............

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Will do Gus, I'm really close on the fueling so I can get comfortable cranking it up.

By the way guys Gus Bohne helped me immensely on this project and couldn't have got it even close without his help. He has forgotten more about 2 stroke turbos than I ever hope to learn. Now what to do next year.............

I always enjoy reading Gus' posts. I can never reply because I'm left to myself to try and comprehend the info that he just laid down!!! He's a very knowledgeable man!

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Update

Just got the TKI templates for the 17 MC longer chain case, spent most of the weekend hacking up a totaled tunnel to get the cutting down close to what is needed.Then I made some paper templates for the final cutting on my sled.
THIS IS NOT A JOB FOR THE WEEK OF HEART, cutting on your newly powder coated tunnel is scary. Anyway Toms templates were dead on and is the only way to get this thing in square.
As a bonus for the K MOD owners the rails still clear in the 12 or 13 mounting position for the rear skid.
Kevin

You may need to oblong the hole for clearance over the factory self piercing rivets.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Looks like you are left with using a cut-off disk of some sort to cut the outer part of the tunnel on the brake side so that you don't cut through both layers of the tunnel. No nice way of doing that.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Looks like you are left with using a cut-off disk of some sort to cut the outer part of the tunnel on the brake side so that you don't cut through both layers of the tunnel. No nice way of doing that.

Yes a cut off wheel on a die grinder and a small cut off wheel on a right angle Dremel. On the strait cuts I purchased a small pneumatic reciprocating saw, it was very controllable with clean cuts. Then clean everything up with a carbide on the die grinder.
Andre, your old enough to shake, lol.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Installed the 17 MC brake rotor guard and foot rest. Had to drill new holes to attach to the brake caliper and one hole in the lower area for the foot rest. You could modify your stock ones I just wanted to see it the 17 one's would just bolt in. Nope... brake guard no and foot rest yes.
Kevin

picture.php

picture.php

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
How is the clearance from the front of your Kmod rails to the drivers when the front of the suspension compresses?

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
How is the clearance from the front of your Kmod rails to the drivers when the front of the suspension compresses?

In the forward mounting they hit, in the lower 2013 mounting its close and barely hits. I moved the skid back on this one not quite as far as the 2014-17 position.
I think if the rails were cut back 5/8'' they would clear in the forward mount for the skid, which is where I prefer to mount it.
Kevin

G
Apr 23, 2008
Always a pleasure to see your work Kev.
Im only on here once in a blue moon, text me some more pics whenever you think of it.
be cool guys
Gus

Premium Features