SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - 1989 Yamaha Ovation 340 restoration... worth it?
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
asullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond reputeasullivan920 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies. I think I am going pick the pair of them up. I don't think those 120cc sleds are worth the money. I can always put a block behind the throttle to slow it down.

As far as a long track option I think I will leave it as a 108" as long as the track is in good shape. Then maybe after he has ridden it for a little while I will put a longer track under it. I saw a thread where someone put a phazer skid and track under one and it looked pretty sweet.

I agree with the electric start as well. I am not sure if either of them had it but found some parts for electric start on Ebay.

I know after all said and done I prolly could go spend $1000 on a new indy lite or something like that but I think this will be a fun project. Once he is old enough to help with the build I hope that it will teach him a little respect for the sport and you have to bust a few knuckles to enjoy the ride.

Rate this post: Yes | No