• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xr650 as a snowbike

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
As far as weight goes is it the engine? This might sound like a far fetched thing but could the 650 be shoe horned into a newer chassis?? Also is there a big bore kit for the 650? I realize that dollars count but, just wondering if the 450 chassis would be a good upgrade......................

X
Oct 6, 2010
Per Allen Oct 2013 Does't support the BRP

I am broken heart-ed!:face-icon-small-fro
I had to beg TS to fit the XR650R for S/N 00017.
We stile have loads of fun on our BRP.

TS had trouble fitting the XR650R. Allen blamed it on model changes but to my knowledge no frame geometry had every been changed.

Let me know I will help with a fit kit if your serious about putting a BRP on the snow. I could help Fab the parts that TS does't have.

I vote no on stuffing a BRP motor in a 450 frame. But I would put a USD fork off a CRF450 on a BRP which would solve all front fit kit issue's.

We are putting on a flat slide carb on our BRP to hopefully get it to run more consistent.

If the truth be told My 2006 KTM 525xc spanks the BRP in the mountains.

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
There used to be 3 levels of performance for BRP.
Stock
Uncorked
Power Up

Something like that. Uncorked is different exhaust baffle, air box mod and new jetting.

The power up, if that is what it was called, got into the cam and maybe piston. I can't remember.

These were both Honda Corp performance parts.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
That xr seat would be nice for a snow bike.

Premium Features