• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camoplast peak 2.5

pauly-doo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
SILVER STAR,MT
i"am thinking about putting a peak 2.5 on my 09 xp 800 163.any body have any thoughts on this track?good and bad.what else do you have to do to get this track to fit.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
nothing to change. drop in fit. Uses stock everything.

Feb 28, 2009
really easy to do just be careful brake and take those 4 torx bolts out and rotate the tab until you hear the plate pop off the back inside the tunnel.

C
Jan 12, 2011
Any thoughts on how this track will perform? Supposed to be better than camo xtreme by what's advertised! Looks like it might be a digger, sounds good on paper though.

A
Based on the Camo/Yamaha Ascent 2.25" track, if it's good enough for a Yamatank it must be awesome on an XP! Lol

I haven’t found any real world info on the Peak, and I’ve been looking!

I was in the same dilemma, I finally decided (today) to go with the CE instead of the Peak. Many people here in WA like the CE, its proven and great all around track, didn't want to risk that much $$$ to find out my stock track was better. Going on an 09 XP 154”.

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
I just read the snowest article on the new ascent track that camoplast and yamaha designed. If this is based on that track it might be good, but I will wait to hear real world reviews. It sounds like they basically worked a maverick, a power claw, and a camo lite all together. It is made to shovel snow to the middle of the track where the top 20% of the lug flexes and creates floatation. The bottom 80% is. Quite stiff to give great hard pack charactoristics. The theory sounds great, and it sounds like they did their fair share of real world testing so I'm sure it's going to be impressive, but like I say, I will be waiting on this one

C
Jan 12, 2011
Why is that camoplast isn't forming the paddles on the CE or this peak to the edge of the belt. I have read and seen pics that show them about a 1/2 inch in on the sides. Is it just a ploy to cut costs of production between 15 and 16 wide or is it proven to still perform as well as a true 16?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Why is that camoplast isn't forming the paddles on the CE or this peak to the edge of the belt. I have read and seen pics that show them about a 1/2 inch in on the sides. Is it just a ploy to cut costs of production between 15 and 16 wide or is it proven to still perform as well as a true 16?

They look like they're only inset about 1/8"-ish on the Peak. Should help with lug damage from susp brackets and rivets.
CE is inset closer to 1/2" on the 16 wide....the 3" paddles are full width.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
seen one today. i wouldnt be buying one. ends of lugs are too stiff, in my opinion it will be a trencher. ide go with the other one.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
How do you check the stiffness of a brand new track? They all seem a little stiff to me out of the box.
could be marketing gimmick. New must be better ,right. Time will tell. i,m even skeptical if my new 3 inch paddle will out perform my 2.5 camo.It will certainly suffer if not deep as track speed will be down.the 2.5 Camo is a perfect all round combo

Last edited:
C
Jan 12, 2011
I agree ce is great all around track. the 3" will probably be excellant in the bottomless powder but I am skeptical if it would be as good all around as 2.5"

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
i run a 3" on my turbo and a 2.5 with the 3 you loose track speed but pickup ground speed the 2.5 wont even go where the 3 goes best track there is imo

C
Jan 12, 2011
Do you have the same feeling for a stock powered 800r? I havn't run the 3", wanted to but thats a lot of money to throw around in tracks as I already have a 2.5.

Premium Features