• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

DREAM TRAILER: 2019 Mirage project trailer

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Since we now need to wait for the trailer to be built can we talk about what you are going to pull it with? Haven't heard any news on that front in a while.... :face-icon-small-hap

M
Aug 4, 2018
Old balboa axle problem

I know, I know, this is probably not the thread to post this, but I cant find the appropriate thread. My only intent is to reiterate to the balboa/mirage guys that they need to be more atttentive to some part wording problems. Here goes. I a man sure that everything from my punctuation to pronounciation will get shredded here. C'est la vie .
I note that the problems with the axles on all the trailers are well documented. I know it is not the fault of Balboa. However, we ordered two new axles from Balboa with the Vin number from the trailer. The parts department should have known the size of the axles. They have pre-welded bracket on the axles which were supposed to fit the trailer. We were specifically told this. However, they did not mention that the axles were an inch wider than the previous axels and that the wheels would hit the outside shroud for the trailer. This would not be as much of a problem if we had been told prior to Re-welding on the brackets which had failed welds. The axels were not a balboa issue: the failed welds were certainly their problem. We didn't mention this to them, as it was an older trailer and I'm not much for whining. After calling them up, giving them the trailer Vin number, talking to them at length about the axle swap and available new axles, receiving the larger size axel, I feel like people need to triple check parts with the department before just accepting their compatibility. At this point, we have to fab new brackets to fit on the old brackets and extend down the axle so that it will fit in the wheel well without hitting the side of the trailer. Fortunate for us, we have a commercial fab shop next-door. This must all be done with precise alignment to not result in a tire wear problem. Oh, did I mention that the previous brackets were not aligned perfectly and we burned up tires every 5000 miles? Again, I hope that all these problems have been resolved and it looks like they do offer a valued product. Just double check your parts. I have attached a pic one of the two failed welds.

IMG_0708.jpg

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Any updates on the trailer Chris? They gotta be sending you some build pics....
Just spoke to them last night.
The very first 2019 SPORTS are in assembly now.
Once they kick out the first trailer or two of the new design ours will be in production.

Just waiting our turn on the assembly line now.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
One of the original concept drawings we submitted last Spring for the 2019.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Drove out to Mirage HQ yesterday to have a face to face with them.
The new Trailer IS in production, just behind schedule.
Estimated delivery is first week in November.
Production photos should start showing up from now on as it progresses through the assembly line.

It was in the welding shop yesterday!:face-icon-small-hap

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
Drove out to Mirage HQ yesterday to have a face to face with them.
The new Trailer IS in production, just behind schedule.
Estimated delivery is first week in November.
Production photos should start showing up from now on as it progresses through the assembly line.
It was in the welding shop yesterday!:face-icon-small-hap

Any updates Christopher?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Any updates Christopher?
They finished the frame and steel enclosure last week
Trailer is in assembly right now
Supposed to be ready for me to pickup end of the 1st week in November.

I beggged and pleaded and groveled for them to send me daily/weekly build photos, but never got any.

So I will have to make do with just FINAL photos from the finished trailer instead of the blow by blow of daily construction.

Premium Features