• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WALKER EVANS 'NEEDLE' SHOCKS NOT AVAILABLE ON SNOWCHECKED 2019 PRO RMK'S

F

Fredrik

Nov 29, 2007
Do 2019 demo sleds have needle shocks, heard they work pretty good.

Mike

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2011
Does this also include the 850 SKS 155"? Polaris web site lists "Walker Evans® Comp. Adj. Piggyback Needle" as standard. Thanks.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
different days screenshots.

From March 6
picture.php

From Today... "Needle" was corrected on the website.
picture.php

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Regardless of what your snowcheck order says from your dealer... you will only get the WE Comp Adjustables, with 1/2" shafts and NO needle-feature, on your snow check pro RMK's in 2019. Not something you'll be able to debate come fall when you receive your snowcheck.

Assaults and SKS's I believe WILL have the "needle" shocks with the 5/8" shafts.

If you really want dont want the comp adj Piggybacks w/o the needle-feature... you should go to your dealer... and change your order to delete that feature and correct the contract total amount due, less the $499 for those shocks.

Last edited:

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I changed my order from the piggybacks to the monos, and I will take the $500 and put it towards a good revalve

Thanks MH for clarifying this for us

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
this is a complete bull**** move on Polaris, they need to at least give us piggy backs at no addition charge they completly **** us on all our trade in's because of there rebates including rzr rebates they could at least throw us some kind of bone after years of loyalty and going through all the years of there growing pains on learning how to build these sleds!!!!!!!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
this is a complete bull**** move on Polaris, they need to at least give us piggy backs at no addition charge they completly **** us on all our trade in's because of there rebates including rzr rebates they could at least throw us some kind of bone after years of loyalty and going through all the years of there growing pains on learning how to build these sleds!!!!!!!

Polaris owes you?
Entitled much?

XP860

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
MH what WE shocks were on the snowcheck 17-18 Pro Axys Rmk LE if your ordered it with the piggy backs. Needle or Non? Thx

cdebodt44

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2016
Any word on if the SKS comes with needles? It says it does on the website but only says clickers in the brochure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Definitive answer to the SKS shocks from Polaris Corporate.

All 2019 ProRMK's & SKS'.... SnowCheck and In-Season models come with ... NON-Needle WE Piggyback Comp adjustable.

The 2019 Assault's WILL have the needle shocks... same as before.

Despite what your dealer, DSM, or online-SnowCheck process may say to the contrary... this is what your sled will be delivered with.

Last edited:

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Well done MH on all of this! It is people like yourself that keep these forum's going for the good. Remind me to stay out of keyboard battles with yourself, JJ and LH!

Polaris would never and did not intentionally make this mistake. Yes it was a mistake but they are human just like us and a mistake was made, carry on or change your selection between now and April 17th.

Really good conversations going on! Love it!

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Second that, thanks for staying on top of this MH. I have, since this thread, gone and adjusted my snowcheck to just have the mono shocks.
My plan from the get go was to buy aftermarket shocks anyhow, but was originally thinking it would be easier to sell some needle shocks for a decent price. With them being shorter for the skinnier stance and not being needles, I decided to change plans and save some money up front. If the mono's sell, great, otherwise I'll have backups.

Premium Features