• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's flying a DJI MAVEC DRONE when sledding?

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Some manner of HARD CASE mounted to the Ski-Doo Linq system is a VERY HIGH PRIORITY !

I use Pelican case and slide it in my tunnel bag. Works great, although my Mavic Air is a little smaller than Mavic 2.
0215182000_zpsslp1mpjw.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6a1H8doLqyU" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
My flymore package came with a bag that holds the Mavic, the controller and the 2 extra batteries. It is not waterproof. It fits very nicely in my tunnel bag.

If you want to go bigger than a phone screen I like the Mavmount. They have mounts to fit all the way up to a 13” IPad Pro.

https://www.mavmount.com

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
SUCK!

Federal Express came this morning with my new Drone while I was in the shower after my workout and I didn't hear the bell ring!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Managed to get it up into the air for about 5 minutes LATE last night.
Not sure if flying in the middle of night is the best way for a maiden voyage, but it was certainly COOL.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I remember when I first got my phanton, I got up at 5am to try it before work. The first handful of times with it in the air I was trembling for fear of it falling out of the sky. Much easier after 5-6 full length flights.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I remember when I first got my phanton, I got up at 5am to try it before work. The first handful of times with it in the air I was trembling for fear of it falling out of the sky. Much easier after 5-6 full length flights.
This thing has SO MANY safety protocols built into it to help you NOT crash it.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
A good drone makes it easier to play. You can let go of the controls and it just hovers. My buddies cheap toy drones just crash if you do that. I did put an address label on mine under some clear tape in case I ever have a fly away and can't find it. At least if someone honest does you may get it back. Just make sure you have at least 10 satelites on GPS and home point been updated before flying it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Okay.
So now I have maybe 5 hours of flight time under my belt and I am JUST begining to get a handle on what this beast is capable of..
HOLY FREAKING COW

This drone is just Amazing.

I am SOOOOOOOOO glad I bought this.

I am still just a rank Neophyte, but DAMN, this thing takes some killer video.

Its going to be a TOTAL BLAST this winter!

And the new optical ZOOM is nothing short of Stunning.

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
A good drone makes it easier to play. You can let go of the controls and it just hovers. My buddies cheap toy drones just crash if you do that. I did put an address label on mine under some clear tape in case I ever have a fly away and can't find it. At least if someone honest does you may get it back. Just make sure you have at least 10 satelites on GPS and home point been updated before flying it.

I don't want anyone knowing where it came from if it goes A-Wall and creates some gigantic disaster, car record, legal incident. They can keep it at that point

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It ain't much.
But here is my first real attempt at video with this little beast after a few hours of test flying it around.
This is shot and uploaded in 4K.
So if you have a Hi-Res monitor, give it a go in all of it's glory.
I still have a TON of learning to do on how to handle the aperture controls for White Balance, but with time and practice I should get it down for flying over snow this winter.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JQtCLv5nbFk" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:
Premium Features