• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Yamaha Sled Reveal - Speculation thread (UPDATED)

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
Yamaha is not going to release anything that will intrigue the west... They continue to fail in the west...

It would be a miracle if they release anything that compares to the new Doo....

I refuse to spend thousands on anymore 4 tokes...

Look at the guys as of late build vipers from 250-300 hp with 174 x 3 etc..... And u lose your *** on them...

However I would be intrigued if they did release a 850 2 toke with 170 hp in a lighter chassis than viper!!!

But hopin & wishin is for Disney Land...

--Cat 16 LTD Proclimb works awesome!

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013

Haha... Love the cricket!!!

I sure hope Yamaha releases something good.... My fear is they will release a short track sport quad style thingee forgetting about Western....

I've been on yamahas knee high to grasshopper either it be dirt bikes, quads, sleds, street bikes and a few watercraft.

But I'm done with building the 4 tokes... Don't get me wrong I love the 270-300+ hp sleds that I've had over the years...

Sure wish they would drop some hints...

S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
You are in the wrong sport if you are worried about losing money.

Am I the only one who dont really care about the summit 850. Id still rather an axys..

Hmmm... Be wise young fella been at this game for many years... Uhm yup since you were 4 years old... :face-icon-small-sho

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Hmmm... Be wise young fella been at this game for many years... Uhm yup since you were 4 years old... :face-icon-small-sho

So you should have it figured out by now. :face-icon-small-ton

Sleds cost way too much and drop in value way too fast.. Every dollar you spend on aftermarket parts is basically like burning your money.

See, I'm 29 and I've got it figured out. I try not to worry about it though, as it brings me excitement and fun and that's worth it to me.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Yamaha really needs a 2 stroke mountain sled again, 4 strokes are great for trail application but are really dying in the mountain segment. The popularity of building a 4 stroke turbo has dropped off pretty hard.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
They need something for sure. With skidoo's new engine bridging 2 stroke performance with 4 stroke reliability, the weight penalty of a 4 stroke has no merit anymore. Yamaha may have just lost their customer base!

I'm still hopeful though as I love everything else they make.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
They need something for sure. With skidoo's new engine bridging 2 stroke performance with 4 stroke reliability, the weight penalty of a 4 stroke has no merit anymore. Yamaha may have just lost their customer base!

doo says it is as reliable but its not till it proves itself,would be cool if it is but nobody knows but doo i guess.
seems real strange how quiet yammi has got since the doo release.
iam not holding my breath for a new mtn sled because i cant remember the last time they released a trail & mtn sled the same year.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador

I find this far fetched. Until a dealer can tell me they guarantee an engine for 20000km a 2 stroke will be a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke will be a 4 stroke.. no in between.

Although I would love for this to be true.. Obviously everyone with 4 strokes would be going 2 stroke.. I just can't see it happening.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I find this far fetched. Until a dealer can tell me they guarantee an engine for 20000km a 2 stroke will be a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke will be a 4 stroke.. no in between.

Although I would love for this to be true.. Obviously everyone with 4 strokes would be going 2 stroke.. I just can't see it happening.

Not even a Yamaha dealer will guarantee your engine will last 20,000km. 4 years, yes, 20,000km no.

I don't think 2-strokes will ever be 100% as reliable as 4-strokes but the fact that they are making huge strides to bridge that gap is awesome.

There's still something about the sound and torque characteristics of a 4-stroke that puts a smile on my face.

It's a great time to be a snowmobiler!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just got the media kit

OH MY GOSH!
I didn't see it coming.

Its FINALLY HAPPENED!

and they kept it TOTALLY SECRET!

THERE WILL BE SHOUTS OF JOY FROM THE YAMAHA FAITHFUL TOMORROW!

embargo.jpg

Last edited:
G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Do you really mean it this time Christopher?

Cancelling the Doo,s , but still getting a 2 stroke? V6 maybe?

Premium Features