• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carls Cycle 900 ride report

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Pretty much yeah, above 6000', from what I remember.

Taken from their website: http://www.carlscycle.com/catalog_product_detail.asp?cat=2438-19669&product=1427863

Kit comes with all new ported cast cylinders, billet head set with interchangeable domes, case machining & porting. Complete gasket and seal kits, pistons sets and cylinder studs.
Other items needed but not included with the kit are: SLP single pipe kit, Power Commander 5, SLP motor torque arm and high flow intake, and Carls clutch kit.

Motor will run on premium pump gas at any elevation even at sealevel.

Upper crankcase must be sent in for modification.

"This past season I had the opportunity to ride a Carl's Cycle 900. This potent motor package had tons of bottom end, incredible throttle response and basically more power everywhere. The word that came to mind when I rode it was "FUN!" -CHRIS BURANDT-

Fits: 2011-2013 PRO/RMK 800

For more detailed information, contact our Performance Department at performance@carlscycle.com.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Taken from their website: http://www.carlscycle.com/catalog_product_detail.asp?cat=2438-19669&product=1427863

Kit comes with all new ported cast cylinders, billet head set with interchangeable domes, case machining & porting. Complete gasket and seal kits, pistons sets and cylinder studs.
Other items needed but not included with the kit are: SLP single pipe kit, Power Commander 5, SLP motor torque arm and high flow intake, and Carls clutch kit.

Motor will run on premium pump gas at any elevation even at sealevel.

Upper crankcase must be sent in for modification.

"This past season I had the opportunity to ride a Carl's Cycle 900. This potent motor package had tons of bottom end, incredible throttle response and basically more power everywhere. The word that came to mind when I rode it was "FUN!" -CHRIS BURANDT-

Fits: 2011-2013 PRO/RMK 800

For more detailed information, contact our Performance Department at performance@carlscycle.com.

I stand corrected.

Of course you can run any domes/compression you want for any elevation.

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
I sure like my 900 not one glitch. The only thing I had to change was secondary helix cause I am running a 3" track 64 gram belly busters at 8-10 tachs 8250 all day long.
This is the best modification to date.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Thanks for the reply,

How many miles???

Are you running the complete Carl's "set up"???(PC5, SLP single, etc.)

Performance gains(other than what weights you're running)???

Glen

I sure like my 900 not one glitch. The only thing I had to change was secondary helix cause I am running a 3" track 64 gram belly busters at 8-10 tachs 8250 all day long.
This is the best modification to date.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Scott,

They must've changed it recently as it was previously advertised as premuim fuel at 6000 ft' & higher, working on pump fuel set up for lower elevations(or something like that???)

I just happened to check their website the other day & noticed the change...............

Glen

I stand corrected.

Of course you can run any domes/compression you want for any elevation.

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
They have a different set of domes for under 6000 feet.
The motor was previously a stage 4 800 from slp and the 900 is no comparison to my stage 4 800 the 900 is way better. To give you an idea of the power difference on the same hill last year I had to sidehill and poach tracks and this year pull up to the bottom and pin it to win it and straight up over the top I go, no questions it has way more power. I have only got about 100 miles on mine and I am sure it will only get better. I am running carls complete setup except for a shallower helix with the 3" track.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Perfect, thanks!

That's the kind of "real world" gains that I'm interested in...........:yo:

They have a different set of domes for under 6000 feet.
The motor was previously a stage 4 800 from slp and the 900 is no comparison to my stage 4 800 the 900 is way better. To give you an idea of the power difference on the same hill last year I had to sidehill and poach tracks and this year pull up to the bottom and pin it to win it and straight up over the top I go, no questions it has way more power. I have only got about 100 miles on mine and I am sure it will only get better. I am running carls complete setup except for a shallower helix with the 3" track.

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
If you are on the fence just remember gas oil and rip it up. No checking turbo oil or reeds or clamps. Just pure gas and go power day in and day out. My turbos that I have had always required alot of maintenance.

1racer

Dec 4, 2007
They are running 64g belly busters at 8-10K. I have not ridden with a pump gas turbo with this sled but have ridden with them in the past and bottom end definately doesnt compare to the 900.

ROCKNESTER

Premium Member
Dec 14, 2007
CHICO, CA
www.boondockersmovie.com
Didn't see this message until just now... but we, (Anthony Oberti and I,) were out in the McCall area over President's Day weekend and the following weekend, 23rd & 24th. My Carl's 900 is still running strong! I just recently had Carl's rebuild the primary clutch, new spring, bushings, etc. & a new secondary spring. Threw a new belt on and Wow, this sled is an animal on the snow. Words that come to mind when i describe my sled to people is, "Rips, shreds, destroys" the mountain. Stockers are not even coming close to what this sled can do. We rode with a really deverse group of sleds, ranging from Turbos, Stage 4 kits, & stockers. These 900 sleds have no problems leaving the first track up and over the mountain.

Anybody with a 900 riding McCall area this weekend 16-17 I'd like to compair if possible

Finnlandr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 21, 2009
Parts Unknown
Question for those with the 900 kit...

Are you getting through a full day on 1 tank of fuel ?

On my 11' ,which is pretty much stock, I've always been able to ride all day on 1 tank. ( I understand stock will use less fuel )

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Are you getting through a full day on 1 tank of fuel ?

On my 11' ,which is pretty much stock, I've always been able to ride all day on 1 tank. ( I understand stock will use less fuel )

I too would be interested in the answer to that question. Even on my turbo Pro, the fuel economy was awesome.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
I would think if you are making for power , it should use more fuel , unless all this power is coming from same how making the engine more efficient , but in most cases it takes more fuel to make more power.

Premium Features