• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: All new SWAPMEET section.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
So far I like it, although I listed an ad for a buy it now and it sold! That's great, just don't know who bought it. How do I find out who bought it (other than Paypal)??

JoBoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Champaign, IL
I'm getting the following error trying to post to new swapmeet, how do I fix?

In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist.

Problem with New Swapmeet

I've been trying to figure out how to track threads in the new swapmeet and get email notifications of new posts. WHen I go to SNOWMOBILES » Arctic Cat » 2005-current and select the first thread in the list 05 m-7 162'' LE and then select Product Options>Enable Email Updates, it gives me a screen saying email updates have been enabled and returns me to the thread. I can not find anywhere to look that tells me I am getting email updates for this thread, I thought maybe Swapmeet>My Watched List but it is still empty. also Subscriptions is empty (whats the difference between these?). Next I went back to the thread and selected Product Options>Disable Email Updates and this went to a screen saying email updates were disabled. But when I go back to the Product Options screen on the thread, I am still getting the Disable prompt like it is still enabled. I tried the next thread down and same behavior.

What is the difference between My Watch List, Subscriptions (in new swapmeet) and Subscribed threads in the User Control panel? How do I subscribe to a FORUM in the NEW Swapmeet - the Forum Tools Option is not available?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
On the length of time remove the " no expiration " . It should be a 30 day max. add only. If people don't sell it in 30 days they can always use the relist option.

I totally disagree. If we MUST have an expiration, I think people should have at least 6 months....

30 days is way too short.

Will people get a PM notice that their listing is going to expire?

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
I think I like the old swapmeet format a lot more than this new one!

It was more simple to deal with... but maybe the flashy, technical format will just take some getting used tooo..

like the new addtions in the smiley section :musicnote::face-icon-small-fro:p:face-icon-small-con

stoked

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Swap meet and Classifieds?

Why do we continue to have both? I rarely check the classifieds, but constantly browse the swapmeet due to it's ease. I may regret asking when the swapmeet disapears leaving only the classifieds.

Don't the two formats dilute a users ability to reach all possible buyers and vice versa?

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Why do we continue to have both? I rarely check the classifieds, but constantly browse the swapmeet due to it's ease. I may regret asking when the swapmeet disapears leaving only the classifieds.

Don't the two formats dilute a users ability to reach all possible buyers and vice versa?

x2...i love the browse section...and i wish the classified section was history

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Why does a seller want to split his ad coverage?

Why does a buyer want to do twice the Searching?

Thanks, Christopher, that was an enlightening answer, now I'm motivated to pay & stay. :face-icon-small-dis

Just a note: I've been a Snowest Diehard ever since I discovered this website. I've watched and waited silently since it became a paysight to see the results of the changes. I'm not conviced there is any bang for the buck, as small a buck as it is. My sledheads/snowest subscription renewal card is even still in the junk mail box on my desk, I am surprised at myself that I have no interest in renewing.

Why is it an improvement to make the process of buying or selling something more difficult?

Let's cut the crap and make the sight worth paying for. I have lurked BCR and am not impressed, BUT I SURE DO MISS A LOT OF GOOD PEOPLE that have moved over.

I'm still here, hoping to see the upside to the past years uprise, but to be honest I'm finding my visits here to be fewer and shorter.

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
I agree with spud, keep it simple, one or the other. I'm always looking to buy stuff and consider myself a good consumer, IMO it's a pain having to search through both and honestly I hardly check the new section for anything other than actual sled listings.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I agree with spud, keep it simple, one or the other. I'm always looking to buy stuff and consider myself a good consumer, IMO it's a pain having to search through both and honestly I hardly check the new section for anything other than actual sled listings.

I agree with you too,I never use the new one,I even forgot it existed.
The old swapmeet is much easier too use and I am always checking the swapmeet out.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Agreed, two swapmeets is one too many, I only go to the old one anyways.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
While I personally agree that 2 is 1 too many, last fall when this was brought up, there was a LOT of noise for keeping both of them open as many liked one better than the other and both were well liked in the end, we simply dropped the issue and let them both stay.

Is this something we need to consider re-hashing now that some time has passed?

P.S.... I usually only check the old one as well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The new one was the direct result of MEMBER REQUESTS.
I had numerous complaints about the old system and was asked again and again for a better solution.

One that could handle picture better.
That listed prices
That had locations
That had more details spelled out and behaved more as a regular classified advertisement that would be found elsewhere online.

1,650 classified ads suggests to me that it was not a failure or not used.

I also think this system has a higher penetration rate into the general internet population of people searching for snowmobile "stuff".

Perhaps all snowmobile sales are confined as one snowest member to another, but I think this system reaches out to non snowest members better than the forum thread postings do.

In the end its an option that is given to the members.
They get to choose which or both to use at their choice.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

I also think this system has a higher penetration rate into the general internet population of people searching for snowmobile "stuff"..

penetration rate.(screwing)..???...lol...well i just can not pass this up..are you talking about the premium membership..lol..sorry Christopher...but i couldn;t let this quote stay in context when its fun not to..

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
So you are more concerned about the occasional straggler that may stumble upon the ads from outside the forum, rather than your subscribers who are interested in trading amongst ourselves for the good of the buyer and the seller?

Don't get me wrong, I like to get the most out of my sales, but I am also willing to give a forum friend a break, and like the fact that I trust most sellers on here, and if I sense a red flag, I can quickly review their posts to get a sense of who they are and what they stand for.

If I was looking to dump junk or buy junk I would be on Craigslist or KSL.com

I think you miss the fact that most of us here are looking for a BETTER, HIGHER QUALITY experience whether selling or troubleshooting.

It seems your goal is more to appease the masses, who tend to be dumasses.

There are lots of tricks to get quick hits on the internet, but most of them are short-term and deceptive.

We are trying to help you develop something long term and Effective.

Premium Features