• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Let BRP know we want an 850 - 174

S

sthelenssldnx

Dec 8, 2013
Island Park, ID
Based on this logic all of you "awesome" riders should really be cruising around on 146" tracks since there is no value to a longer track. Or just use a trail sled. the reality is I am more nimble on my 174 than I ever was on the 154. I think you little pixie sized boys should stick with shorter tracks and leave the deep snow and steep chutes for actual men with real sleds. Don't worry Brenda, we with the long tracks will be ones riding over to help you get your little toy sled unstuck. So adorable.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
It is all about having fun. I got my wife and 174 t3 and it was the best thing I ever did. The shorter ones are less forgiving and when she would get stuck she was always worried about what people would think. This took the fun out of it for her and me sometimes. With the 174 she hardly ever got stuck and had more fun because of it. For me, they actually take the fun out of it. It is more about how I get there than if or when. Don't get me wrong, they are still fun but wouldn't want to ride one all year. The only thing I don't get is why everyone is so mad about a sled that beats a sled they were so in love with. Why would you not want a shorter sled that goes farther. Ride what you want. It's all about fun.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
The 174 was needed because Doo never made it on top of the snow in any efficient way if the new sled is anything like The Poo's there will not be any need for anything longer than 165. The 174 was a way to compensate for a shortcoming of the old design , lets hope they got it right for us this time.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
The 174 was needed because Doo never made it on top of the snow in any efficient way if the new sled is anything like The Poo's there will not be any need for anything longer than 165. The 174 was a way to compensate for a shortcoming of the old design , lets hope they got it right for us this time.

I think the Doo you speak of was struggling a bit because it was towing a Polaris.

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Based on this logic all of you "awesome" riders should really be cruising around on 146" tracks since there is no value to a longer track. Or just use a trail sled. the reality is I am more nimble on my 174 than I ever was on the 154. I think you little pixie sized boys should stick with shorter tracks and leave the deep snow and steep chutes for actual men with real sleds. Don't worry Brenda, we with the long tracks will be ones riding over to help you get your little toy sled unstuck. So adorable.

Perfectly said.
I was actually Going to say let's spend a Billlion Dollars next year and build a 154 that'll beat the 165 and then quit building that too...Same stupid logic.

800Gader

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2005
Wisconsin
Just a guess

I'm thinking there are a bunch of 174 tracks in the warehouse that Doo would like to sell before making it obsolete. Tracks are expensive to make and Doo probably had to order a minimum number from Camoplast to justify manufacturing. Since fewer 174s were sold, they probably have a bunch left over. You wonder how many could it be, well, if you all remember the Challenger Lite, which was, let's say, less than desirable track. There is a warehouse full of them that didn't sell. I was actually offered a great price if I bought a whole truck load. The cost of those tracks comes off Doo's bottom line and out of your pocket.
Anyway, I believe it was just a smart business decision to hold off and as others said, keep everyone wondering. Also believe, since the T4 has been mentioned last year, there will be a 3.4" (or more). That is also supported by the T3's dropped chain case and a 7 tooth driver, which gives enough room for a 4.5" track.
My guess is a new 175" 3.5 pitch is already on the snow (175 because then they use the same rails).

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Had tracks from 133 up to 174.. Would never go back from 174.. We can find other ways to make the sled lighter and keep the big foot print the same.. Sure on the poor snow days it's to much, but that's when you use a snow bike..

Then on the big snow days 174 is the only way.. See so many of the shortys burning on that unnessicary fuel and time spend digging out when they should be having fun

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Tough to argue with the 174" in the mountains. It's the real deal in the steep & deep, and rides like a much smaller sled. There are lots of choices for folks who want a shorter mountain sled. Omitting the 174" from the lineup is a very unfortunate oversight. (not unlike the pink panels on the 16' freeride) How many buyers will sit out this year because they don't want to go back to effectively a 163?

Great new platform, now get it right!

Briscoe

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2011
Blackfoot ID
Love the 174", I was extremely disappointed it was not going to be available in the new sled.
So we got no 174" and a choice between black and orange crush. I don't understand why poo's can have 40 colors and Doo's gets two. I was 100% snow checking a new one but now I might have to wait a year and see if they make the sled I was dreaming about. And that sled was not orange crush, that's not even a good drink option.

T
Aug 8, 2011
Hi Dave, interesting you say it's calibration time for the reason the 174ish length chassis is not coming out this season.
I had a French Skidoo rep (name escapes me) explain how this was a fantastic business decision because it will essentially screw the customer into snow checking sleds two years in a row. I thought it was cute, made me want to puke on his feet since I have 120k of his product in my garage..

They build and prove a solidly better big mountain machine in the 174 and then say, oh no you don't need that with this chassis just buy the shorter one. No thanks, myself and 3 others that I know of for absolutely sure will not be snow checking. I'm sure the 165 will be fantastic, but for our type of riding the longer one is better. Build the darn thing

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Most of you might feel different... But I know I can dial in a 174 to 180 just fine with out any help from brp.. first thing I will do is boost it and need that extra track to keep skis done, show what it can really do in the steep and deep..

Come on brp.. Make it happen for the diehards

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
If BRP sees demand they will build it. It's a business, they're rational. I've heard several different marketing excuses from different sources. Not buying the calibration jingle for a minute. Not BRP's first rodeo here. If you want the 174" in the new platform let the manufacturer know directly. My 2016 174" wasn't built until July. Lots of runway where if we can show market demand. :)

G4-174.jpg

Last edited:
T
Feb 24, 2011
HILLS OF SOUTHWEST MONTANA
If BRP sees demand they will build it. It's a business, they're rational. I've heard several different marketing excuses from different sources. Not buying the calibration jingle for a minute. Not BRP's first rodeo here. If you want the 174" in the new platform let the manufacturer know directly. My 2016 174" wasn't built until July. Lots of runway where if we can show market demand. :)

He is 100% correct. If you want something added let them know. Trust me if they get enough feed back from us they will start listening.

I have submitted my feed back and I have gotten a response from a CSR within 24 hours. I have added the link for giving BRP your .02 cents. If you don't ask you will not receive.

http://www.ski-doo.com/form/contact-us.html

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
might help to tell them how much extra your willing to pay.1000,2000,3000?

T
Aug 8, 2011
My request is sent in. I have one for me and 3 others for sure that wont be snow checking without a 174 option.

Here's the crazy thing. Skidoo has the other manufactures nailed down tight. More power, improved chassis, best clutch, etc. But, track length makes up alot of sins...if poo or cat bring a 174 3 inch to the table for this year and doo does not in their new new chassis, they are rolling over and giving them a chance. I don't get it, I have never seen anything like it.

Build us our 174 rev 4!!

Premium Features