• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ever Vipex

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

BLOWN

Jan 20, 2010
www.ratsled.com
This is a full custom build. Billet bulkhead with a tube front suspension subframe. Billet side plates with nytro style chain case built in. Apex motor with a water to air intercooled with a mid mount gtx 2863 with a boost it fuel controller. Front suspension has billet knuckles that are 3" shorter than stock with custom a arms. Rear suspension brackets fasten to bulkhead. Billet running boards. 3" 162 with racers edge skid. This is the perfect apex conversion chassis.

image.jpg

Last edited:
B

BLOWN

Jan 20, 2010
www.ratsled.com
I've tried loading more pictures it's just not working. The tank is custom made with a mountain mod seat. The motor is mounted low in the bulkhead with a super short charge tube into a billet intake that's part of the water to air intercooler. This was built for four seasons powersports and will be available for anyone that is looking to upgrade their old apexs. Everything is used from the old apex for this build.

skidawg

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2006
Wausau, Wisc.
That cnc billet side plate, is a thing of beauty! I love to see custom one off stuff like this and yes, it was only a matter of time before someone like yourself, did this conversion.:face-icon-small-hap

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
I've tried loading more pictures it's just not working. The tank is custom made with a mountain mod seat. The motor is mounted low in the bulkhead with a super short charge tube into a billet intake that's part of the water to air intercooler. This was built for four seasons powersports and will be available for anyone that is looking to upgrade their old apexs. Everything is used from the old apex for this build.

Would be interested in the cost of this complete kit ?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Hey Steve, you can email me some pics and I will throw them up for you if you like.

We will be building one of these sleds this summer and if all goes as planned then will be doing some builds next summer. They will be a summer build only and will do only a handful.
We knew that the Apex motor would not fit in the Viper bulkhead so we were very excited to see the bulkhead that Steve was working on last fall. The fact that it has removable front bulkhead and side plates makes this more like an oem application. It will be nice to have the flexibility to change pieces and parts and also use the stock plastics from Yamaha.
Very nice work Steve!

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
This is a full custom build. Billet bulkhead with a tube front suspension subframe. Billet side plates with nytro style chain case built in. Apex motor with a water to air intercooled with a mid mount gtx 2863 with a boost it fuel controller. Front suspension has billet knuckles that are 3" shorter than stock with custom a arms. Rear suspension brackets fasten to bulkhead. Billet running boards. 3" 162 with timbersled skid. This is the perfect apex conversion chassis.

Very sweet, cant wait to see the fit and finish of the rest!!

M
Feb 8, 2008
I personally rode this sled with steve and it was a blast. The difference compared to the nytro was amazing. The handling was awesome and the feel just felt right. I'm still smiling and can't wait to get mine. He nailed it with this chassis and the apex motor in there. This is all the pictures i have of it but will get more when he gets back.

Image 1.jpg Image 2.jpg Image.jpg

Last edited:

deepbreather

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2008
Vipex Viper MTX

This is a full custom build. Billet bulkhead with a tube front suspension subframe. Billet side plates with nytro style chain case built in. Apex motor with a water to air intercooled with a mid mount gtx 2863 with a boost it fuel controller. Front suspension has billet knuckles that are 3" shorter than stock with custom a arms. Rear suspension brackets fasten to bulkhead. Billet running boards. 3" 162 with racers edge skid. This is the perfect apex conversion chassis.

After seeing and using Steve's product for a couple years he told me about this project and I decided to jump in and get him to build my custom sled. This sled was well thought out with the selection of components and product.

The requirement that I had was a nimble sled that had alot of power with stock motor and pump gas. I wanted a 4 stroke that was maneuverable and not a chute sled. Been there done that, I wanted something for the real world days regardless of conditions. When we travel 10-14 hours just to get to the hills I want to ride all day regardless of conditions and not be played out at the end of the day if forced to ride technical because of visibility. But powerful enough to play in the chutes on those bluebird days. Also high on the priority I wanted a sled that was somewhat a sleeper, I wanted it to look as stock as possible so at first glance it would get overlooked yet those with an in tune eye would take a second look. This project is not 100% finished yet and is planned to be very soon, the bars are too tall, windshield, and front bumper are yet to finish as well as the fine tuning.

Unfortunately I do not live near Steve and have yet to ride it, but hear it is incredible with the positioning of mass, 36" stance and skid/shock setup.

I've been talking with Steve on another project and I am now considering selling this sled. If there is some serious interest you can pm me with your thoughts.
For anyone serious you will know that to build a sled like this is beyond your typical 'throw a turbo on it at the dealership' sled this is a full custom sled that has replaceable components. It is not a tube chassis that is tough to repair. All chassis components were jigged and programmed so replacing a piece of the chassis is possible.

List of components Boost It Fuel system, Baker skid, Elka stage 5, 162x3x16, mountain mod seat, 2863 garrett, water to air, Koso X2 gauge, sly dog powder hounds, 36" ski stance, Yes it has reverse.
For serious esquires 780-791-0060 Four Seasons Power Sports, Gene

Last edited:
Premium Features