• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TKI Belt drive???

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I have a 16 Timbersled ST and the idler, chain and sprockets need replaced. Does anyone have any experience testing the belt drive for TKI? I talked to Tom early last year about one and he felt they were not ready yet, I talked to him 2 weeks ago and he thought he would be ready for Hay Days. Looking for opinions - The bike is a 501 Husky with a Boondocker Turbo. I don't do big jumps so I think it will hold up.
Let me know what you think.
Muffin

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
There is nothing wrong with any of the aftermarket belt drives that can be adjusted with the proper belt tension .

Tunnel flexing is your greatest problem .

The bearings and retainer cups are not designed to keep the frame from flexing .

You also do not have reinforcement to keep that from happening .

The problem is applying it to a skid that isn't rigid enough .

This is also the reason why no one wants to be front and center .

Do they offer a reinforcement plate for the other side ?

They should but maybe they haven't dialed into this problem because they are accustomed to applying it to machines that have bulk heads that reinforce this area of the tunnel from the factory and still reinforcement has to be added to some models .

Fix this little problem and you'll be happy with the benefits a secondary belt drive has to offer .

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I talked with Tom at TKI and he felt they would have their kit ready for Hay Days next weekend. I know they are adding a plate to the timbersled skid on the belt drive side, I think this will be a great option when done. I am going to roll the dice and buy one as soon as available. TKI have been awesome to work with on my sleds and have even built parts for my C3 kit so I could make a trip with the family, I'm sure this will be a quality product of they will not let it out the door.

Premium Features