• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: Roest Racing Skid Plate for Yamaha Nytro

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
When it goes back in the shop this summer for all the mods and to be re-weighed, I will get her up in the air and get a proper shot of the belly of the beast.:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
picture.php

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
I have a question about the skid plate. Is there any issues with snow/ice packing inbetween the frame and skid and pushing it down? Thus bending or breaking fasteners. I have seen it on many other manufactures and read a bunch of posts.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thus far I have seen NO snow being packed in there.
Mine is TIGHTLY mounted to the frame and leaves little or no open space along the edges.

Its a clean tight fit.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Last week I took mine OFF for the first time as I wanted to change the oil.
Sure enough, I was also SURPRISED to see some skid marks.
Somewhere along the season I hit something and the plate did it's job perfectly.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Unless he has changed something, I think you will be VERY happy with his product.

its PERFECTLY made for our sleds.

graham_r

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2008
British Columbia
Mine showed up Mid week installed it in about 30 minutes. I didn't use their hardware, instead I used 6 mm Rivnuts in the stock holes. works awesome. Yamaha should be buying these skid plates from Peter and offering them as factory. Can post pics if wanted

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Mine showed up Mid week installed it in about 30 minutes. I didn't use their hardware, instead I used 6 mm Rivnuts in the stock holes. works awesome. Yamaha should be buying these skid plates from Peter and offering them as factory. Can post pics if wanted

Glad to hear that you like the product. I chose not to use Rivnuts for 3 reasons.
1. They are not self aligning.
2. Often, over time Rivnuts will start to spin in the holes are installed in. Then have fun removing skid plate.
3. U nuts are very easy to replace and are just as strong as Rivnuts.

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Hey Roest:

Just installed your skid plate....work of art....you make one fine product....bring on the rocks/stumps! I particularily like that it extends to the front of the subframe. It cant but help stiffen the front a little.

One thing I did that should help keep everything together and vibration free. I put some linesman tape (think of it as a thicker version of electrical tape) on the edges of the skid plate where it contacts the lower tubes of the subframe and on the tab that rests against the heat exchanger.

My thinking is to reduce vibration and rubbing. I don't think it is necessary, but it can't hurt.

OTM

Premium Features