• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Early Dyno Reports, Sidewinder/TCat

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Production sleds are now hitting the dealers floors. Some fresh engine Dyno runs have begun with anywhere from 182-205 on zero mileage Stock engines. We all know every dyno in the world could read different and is all dependent on operator, fuel flow,air density and machine. Some have put a few more miles (I'd imagine on grass or heat cycling them) since their initial results and also added things like gutted OEM exhaust, Straight Exhaust, colder air intakes, added boost and fuel and come up with some impressive numbers. The IH Turbo unit is efficient to around 250hp based on specs. After that it may require an "upsize", which is real easy. Here are D&D results as they seem to be trying more things like boost and fuel from what it looks like.
Looking forward to the ride.
Flame away
RS

Sidewinder D&D can.jpg Sidewinder D&D Tune up.jpg Sidewinder stock D&D.jpg

I
Nov 26, 2007
I believe those dyno numbers are for the cat, which has been making significantly more power than the sidewinder

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
I believe those dyno numbers are for the cat, which has been making significantly more power than the sidewinder

They are exactly the same., the only difference is the dynos. And read my post. I said Winder and T Cat.
Evolution is working on theirs as well and I can hardly wait to see how it turns out for them.
MCX will have their numbers up right away as they got a sled last week as well.
Lot of cool work being done by all these companies, which only means Yamaha and Cat wil have some strong running product that doesn't sound like Kubota. ;)
Safe sledding
RS

I
Nov 26, 2007
I read your post. It was disingenuous at best. If you really believe they are all the same is it fair to post the 180 hp dyno sheet and say d&d's dyno reads high?

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
I read your post. It was disingenuous at best. If you really believe they are all the same is it fair to post the 180 hp dyno sheet and say d&d's dyno reads high?

sure......all dynos are different. No worries. Im interested to hear MCX results as that is the product I have run the last 14 years.
Safe sledding

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
MCX made 192 and Oktane (Swedish spelling) didn't make a difference......more than they thought and it was a pleasant surprise for a stock set up . Now they will get to work on their development program.
Im anxious
Safe sledding
RS

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Motor is built for boost. More so than a Nytro ever was. With forged internals engineers have said its good to go.
Personally I have run a Nytro to 26lbs of boost on stock internals with only valve springs on propane. That was beyond what I could ever imagine holding onto day in day out. I ended up riding that sled around 20lbs all winter long. The guys who say you need rods and pistons are the guys selling them. Except the 2016 viper version ;)
I doubt any internal upgrades will be required unless you want to build a full on OSP or Hurricane Race set up for ice or grass. Daily rider in the 14-17 lb range....no need.
Safe sledding
RS

I
Nov 26, 2007
Motor is built & designed by yammi call it what you want you will bash it if it has any relation to yammi,does not matter.
It is the only reason you come on the yammi section.

I haven't bashed anything, simply pointed out the dyno sheet was for the cat. If you believe it's the same as the Yamaha that's fine, but all the cat dynos I've seen were over 200 and all the Yamaha ones were under 200. Could be just the dyno, could be just the sled. I don't care and pointing out facts isn't bashing. I went to my local dealer to look at a sidewinder three days ago, but you keep believing whatever makes you happy.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Our friends at MCX have also been on the dyno with excellent results. Exhaust alone made 15+ hp. Erik will offer stage 1 with minimal components to power up 30-40 hp and then a full high hp program in the 270+ range with turbo upsize. More details as we move forward. Can hardly wait.
Cheers

Premium Features