• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CRTPRO

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Got it out on the snow last week and had a most definitely boost leak.
Thought it might be my new components so I started easy by factoring out the waste gate and still no boost

Today I built a couple plugs from materials from O'Riley's and the home Depot

And wallah, there's the leak. Actually it leaks all the way around that seam

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
This stupid machine keeps breaking just sitting here

The compressor leak is probably part of the problem plus this sweet groove in the housing from the wheel

Then the oil leaked out

Now it doesn't spin so freely for some reason god damn another sixteen hundred dollars and haven't even got a mile on it

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Pretty sure the damage was from some extreme backfiring. The vipec didn't like the throttle safety switch missing from the system. Pulled the rope and it was like a shotgun blast every time. Looking back The first two times the turbo would take off like it was going to come out of the housing, after that it just spun a little bit and stopped immediately afterwad

Last edited:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Bought an mta used off turbo Matt on here but it isn't perfect either. I just wanted to get it on snow at least once a year!
Has made contact in the compressor housing and a crossed bolt, but made one pound on the shop floor and that's one more than the other one made. Going to try it on snow tomorrow

Had to make an embossment, drill, and tap it for the wastegate

Weld it

Back togather, had to build a new longer coolent line for a different orientation of ports on the center section

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
thanks for the thumbs down Groh1

Got up today and made a couple pulls! Started over 10# which was very encouraging. Turned it down to 8.5 and recorded two pulls. Hooked it up to the laptop to see my parameters. Stared at the screen for ten minutes scratching my head and realized it had been too long, I forgot how to do anything on the stupid computer!! Danget! Oh well we put some miles on the stock sleds instead

Premium Features