• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Goose Neck trailers

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
Starting to look for Trailers....what are the options for GN Trails west, charmac, logan, mission, mirage is that about it. How many feet do you need to haul 5 sleds snugly?

Options that it must have are onboard fuel and heater. I know mixed reviews on the trails west but most of the ones that were cracked i think people were hauling cars in them.

Also needs to be tall enough to haul a rzr and its going to double as my camper also.

pallet123

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2011
Went and looked at a Trails West Burandt gooseneck the other day, you could fit 6 sleds (long tracks) pretty easy. It's a long Trailer. All the amenities.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Take a serious look at the Logan Coach trailers. They will custom build one to suit your exact needs: length, height, insulation, heater/furnace(s), fuel cell, etc etc etc. They even have a full department doing living quarters as well. More expensive than TW, but built a helluva lot better IMO.

cash

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Omaha
Trailers

Logan Coach is the trailer to own, as butta has said they will custom build anything. Matt at Steer in Trailers is a great guy to work with. I have owned TrailsWest, Charmac, Featherlite and now Logan Coach, get your order in as its gonna take a month once they get started on your build.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yup, they are getting busy with orders. I would bet any order right now would not be fulfilled until April/May. But, they are f'n sweet trailers....and Logan so far impresses me with customer support and service.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
I looked at trails west today not bad, not of fan of the curved floor though when i plan to use it at a camper, hoping to look at a Logan in the morning.

powdrdaz

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
29' will fit 5 sleds. You will love the Logan. Give Diamond H trailers a call for a bid. He is worth the phone call he is a member on here.
GFK trailer sales in Billings has a Z bro edition on their lot.I think its a 29'. Have fun looking and remember you can get two fuel tanks if you want in the Logan.

powdrdaz

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2012
I forgot one more point with Diamond H. He can get you the 75000 btu furnace in the trailer (runs on 110). It works great. It was 4 degrees yesterday and it took less then 5 minutes to heat it up to 50 degrees in the trailer. It will turn on and off a lot at that temp but that has to do with the thermostat being where it is.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
I forgot one more point with Diamond H. He can get you the 75000 btu furnace in the trailer (runs on 110). It works great. It was 4 degrees yesterday and it took less then 5 minutes to heat it up to 50 degrees in the trailer. It will turn on and off a lot at that temp but that has to do with the thermostat being where it is.

Thanks yeah am headed over to GFK trailers now thanks for the info.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT

Looked at the logan...that will be the direction i got even if i have to save up for another year. In the long run well worth it i think. the one I looked at was a 31' zbroz for just under 35k. I see dimondh has a 33' with the fuel cell and AC a few more hooks and a TV it looks like for 52k...any idea why its so much more?

What is everyone's thought on not having a drive through trailer with all the sleds having reverse some guys are ordering it without. Theirs money to be saved there to put into other areas of the Trailer. I personal dont like the driver side man door either am not super tall its kind of a climb in that way i the reg man door and the rear of the trailer are fine for entry points. I would think take both those doors out and put those jack couches there. Thoughts? ill be brain storming my build its going to be dual season also use in the summer to camp and haul the rzr. and hunting camp.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
What is everyone's thought on not having a drive through trailer with all the sleds having reverse some guys are ordering it without.

You dont even miss it. I use my featherlite car trailer as my sled trailer and it doesnt have a front ramp door. This will also gain you floor space and you have more options on how to layout the front of the trailer.

Make sure you look at several options for flooring. Its really nice not having any kind of ski guids on the floor. This will also work well for using it as a camper.

Butta

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Logan Coach for the win!!!

If you get a chance, visit the factory and see what all they can do. Their team of designers/builders is very flexible and will do whatever you want....I also like that they'll advise you on previous experience if something you'd like to do has shown to have issues. Keeps you from repeating other's mistakes.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
There is only one downside to the Logan. That is weight. Might be the difference between chained and unchained. Ford's suck as far as that goes. Not much clearance on rear mudflaps and nott supposed to chain fronts. A friend ripped his brake lines off. Manual says only cable chains on front which is a joke.

On the 75k heater, do you have a generator up by the jacks that plugs in?

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
There is only one downside to the Logan. That is weight. Might be the difference between chained and unchained. Ford's suck as far as that goes. Not much clearance on rear mudflaps and nott supposed to chain fronts. A friend ripped his brake lines off. Manual says only cable chains on front which is a joke.

On the 75k heater, do you have a generator up by the jacks that plugs in?

On one of the vids i saw with it inside they said it would run off 12v since it had a inverter in it.

I think all the new pick ups are not very chain friendly i have had them on my 16 chevy you just gotta make sure there tight and go slow. I run studded tire also anymore and that helps alot. I will more than likely buy two wheel and stud one axle of the trailer also but well see how it handles when i get that far.

Another reason for the logan is this is also going to be my camper/hunting rig its going to do more than just haul sleds and the trails west looks a little to light duty to pull into the mountains and do that with.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I stopped in Three Forks today and looked at the Horsepower ZBroz models.

I also looked at the hauler with living quarters. It's the first trailer you come to when you pull into their lot.

Their living quarters are top-notch. Look at all the living quarters in a horse trailers to. They are unreal.

Hardware and materials are heavy duty they aren't week or chincy.

After seeing in person, the Logan is my frontrunner by a wide margin.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Living quarters pics.

I can't wait until they start putting these in the Horsepower sled trailers.

The very first pic is the RZR hauler.
#'s two and three are a horse trailer.
#s four through six are the horse trailer from the set of the Yellowstone TV show that will air this summer. (I worked on the set as an extra this fall).

IMG_20180114_111526258_HDR.jpg IMG_20180114_113042051.jpg IMG_20180114_113053976.jpg IMG_20180114_113126086.jpg IMG_20180114_113144263_HDR.jpg IMG_20180114_113153519_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Horsepower.
31'.

I really like the floor covering. How does it do with ski carbides?
How is sled traction when it's wet?

IMG_20180114_112015639_HDR.jpg IMG_20180114_112020530.jpg IMG_20180114_112026625_HDR.jpg IMG_20180114_112037107_HDR.jpg

Premium Features