• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Timbersled TRIO

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Looks like ski and spindle are $500

cc42b06bfd6b03438b5fc2673ef2cb1a.png

Looks like the same ski mounting and rubber as the current rmk.

That looks like it will have the same problems.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I could see maybe $500 but not $900! For what they're asking for the dang thing I'd be inclined to pick up a used fork and set it up to swap if going back to dirt in the summer. If you have a dedicated snow bike it makes zero sense to do this instead of having your fork sprung and valved. Like you said extra weight and parts at that point.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I could see maybe $500 but not $900! For what they're asking for the dang thing I'd be inclined to pick up a used fork and set it up to swap if going back to dirt in the summer. If you have a dedicated snow bike it makes zero sense to do this instead of having your fork sprung and valved. Like you said extra weight and parts at that point.

For instant gratification it would be ok I guess.

I built a snowbike with a third fork on it last year.
You can feel that the steering is heavy and reactive to the added mass.

I think I'm going to buy springs and try that. (Yami SSS forks)

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
cost vs function

I get it... it's the easy button. Buying springs, having a 2nd set of forks and having them valved for free style MX and likely adding a airpro system or having to revalve and spring your 1 pair of forks every season is a pain in the ***... it's a quick fix.

That said... my AER forks with Kreft Revalve Control cost 1000 bucks but can by switched with an air pump and a 12mm wrench from trail to snow, so i'm good.

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
900 dollar and at least 5lbs additional weight to fix a problem that the airpro has already addressed with a $159 part with less than 1/2 lb, more than a year ago. I just don't get it. Oh BTW, Make sure you all go out and get yourself some of that magical timbersled engine oil.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Looks like added weight to me. fork revalve and spring can handle the bumps,,

Weight out front is very noticeable, Even running spring forks compared to the AER /spring conversion is quit different , The AER with conversion still 5 lbs lighter than conevalves and ewe really feel it in the front, the weight makes front slow to react and planted, keep in mind that weight is far at front so 5 lbs is huge do to leverage.I do see this in snowcross application having some handling advantage just hammering bumps in packed snow.On the mountain in powder snake oil,,

B
Dec 21, 2007
Kalispell, MT
ARO VS MH

The ARO spindle and ski are 4.5lbs lighter than the previous MH spindle and ski. The trio weighs in about 1.5 lbs. So even with the TRIO added, still 3 lbs lighter in the front end than previous design. The triangulation of the front end IMO is a very good idea.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
I looked at the whole system at Hay Days and unless I misunderstood unless you have the new kit it's right at $1500.00 to put the trio on. Shock, mount, spindle and ski. Timber sled claimed it was designed because too many were complaining about doing revalves going from dirt to snow and back.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I looked at the whole system at Hay Days and unless I misunderstood unless you have the new kit it's right at $1500.00 to put the trio on. Shock, mount, spindle and ski. Timber sled claimed it was designed because too many were complaining about doing revalves going from dirt to snow and back.

Guys that don't even want to remove the fork tubes.

It would be nice for alaskan guys since nobody does forks (for a reasonable price) up here.

The new ski and spindle is very reasonable though.

Premium Features