• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Helmets

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
I have a G-Max, HJC, and this Ski-Doo helmet. I wear the Ski-Doo the most because how lite in weight it is.

I have thought about trying a BMX helmet as well. Lite weight and venting.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
One thing I've found that really has cut down on fogging goggles is vented helmets. :cheer2: This is just a side effect, but a good one. I noticed it when I started wearing the Sixsixone Mountain Bike Helmet over the last 2 seasons. 2 things about me, I have neck issues and always seem to overheat. This helmet is where I started noticing a whole lot less fogging with my same old Scott goggles. NICE! But also noticed less neck pain at the end of the day. These things are unearthly light. Some don't trust them as they are not DOT approved, but I look at what downhill mountain bikers do... and I think the helmet will be just fine for what I do.

This year I also got the
Fly Formula MX Helmet. I was a bit hesitant due to it being just a tad heavier than the 661. I don't feel it at ALL! :D This helmet is about as CUSHY as you can get. It feels like there is contact on every part of my head, yet NO pressure points. I still have great venting and have yet to find any limitation of vision. Some MX Helmets, in the past, have limited my range of vision/ peripheral vision. This helmet does not limit me here in any way. :cheer2:

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
Just wanted to add some info about my Fly helmet. It is supposed to be carbon fibre, but it is still pretty heavy. Rode two fairly long days over the weekend and came out with a stiff neck and crazy bad headache. I feel like my head is floating now with the weight off of it. Can't wait to get my 509!

S

skyler.hager

Oct 13, 2009
LOVE my Fly Formula MX!!! buy last years model if you want the high-end helmet for a decent price... i got mine on ebay for like $175

Premium Features